Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
B-1B on Display
Posted By: Kitanis, 11-22-2006, 07:02 PM

Did not have alot of time today at work to play with the new camera.

But I took the K100D to the museum outside the front gate on the way home and took these quick shots of the plane that makes up the mission of Ellsworth AFB. The B-1B Lancer is assigned to two bases, one in Texas and Ellsworth in South Dakota.

The camera is great.. but came at a time where I will not get to snap too many pictures until I get moved.. then I will have to concentrate on learning this neat package.

sd_air_museum Photo Gallery by Frank Martin at pbase.com
Views: 1,952
11-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
i'd like to see something bigger and something to scale it to.. i'm sure this is a rather large plane but these shots don't convey it..
11-22-2006, 10:42 PM   #3

Original Poster
I think I can accommidate you on that.. in behind to the starboard side of this plane is a B-52 aircraft

Directly behind to the rear is a AT-12 and a F-100 Supersaber.

If I can get the time.. I can go out to the real flightline and get photos of actual in-service aircraft. I have access to that area as part of my job.
11-22-2006, 11:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice approach to the plane. I like the first one for the composition.

11-22-2006, 11:51 PM   #5

Thanks forr sharing. As the son of a retired AF COL, I love looking at airplane photos. My dad digs up some oldies he took from the nose cone of a B26 once in awhile. Keep sharing shots with us.

I have to get back out to the Tillamook air museum one of these days. They've converted one of the old blimp hangers into a rather nice air display. And, in McMinnville, they have a wonderful display, including an SR71 and the Spruce Goose.
11-23-2006, 06:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kitanis Quote
I think I can accommidate you on that.. in behind to the starboard side of this plane is a B-52 aircraft

Directly behind to the rear is a AT-12 and a F-100 Supersaber.

If I can get the time.. I can go out to the real flightline and get photos of actual in-service aircraft. I have access to that area as part of my job.
Hi Kitanis!

I think what Roy meant by 'larger' was a bigger sized picture. It's tough to see what a picture looks like in only the small size. On your Pbase site, the only size available for the picture you posted is small (233x400 pixels). Can you upload a photo that's been sized to 800x800 pixels or even bigger? Or turn on the 'original' view?

The pictures do look very interesting, though. Hurry up and get moved so you can have more fun with your new camera!
11-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #7

Original Poster
Rgr that Phot0-Mom.

I left two images up there.. and put in my origional photos.. plus added a few that I converted..

Last edited by Kitanis; 11-23-2006 at 10:53 AM.
11-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #8
Forum Member

I love aircraft and I love photography.
So what could be better than aircraft photography :-)

Seriously, there are some great pictures in there.
11-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #9

Awesome images of one of my favorite aircraft. I still remember the first time I saw a flying demonstration by one at an airshow. There is something amazing seeing something that big, go that fast.