Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Kayaking Christmas, or a Hot Spring Holiday (Pt.1)
Camera: K200D Photo Location: Nevada/Arizona 
Posted By: ThorThum, 12-29-2009, 04:13 PM

Hi Guys. I finally got outdoors with my camera again. This time it's kayaking the Colorado river to some canyon hot springs! We left home with 2 feet of snow on the ground in search of some warmth.

This is me in my boat, Pelican case at the bow.

This is my girlfriend Kristi and her little YorkiePoo Jester....go Campers!

This was our first camp after having boated 8 miles upstream the Black Canyon to just below the Hoover Dam.

This is one of the many obligatory night shots from the first night in camp. The soft glow in the sky are the lights of Las Vegas. You can also see an occasional airplane streaking low in the sky preparing for final descent.

Stay tuned for Part 2
Views: 1,887
12-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Keen, aren't you Wade?
Great star trail result. A little play with its colours and contrast, and it's a winner.
Well done.
12-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Keen, aren't you Wade?
Great star trail result. A little play with its colours and contrast, and it's a winner.
Well done.
Thanks Ash. My ACD is really bright, so I always wonder what the photos look like at the the other end of the Web. Evidently the dark ones are too dark, which partially was the result of shooting at ISO 800. I always forget to check the ISO. The darker the pic, the less the noise shows.
12-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Real nice shots, congrats. That looks like a fun trip, I've long considered buying a kayak to shoot wildlife on the local lakes.

12-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks like a great outdoors adventure that left you with a lot of good memories and good pics