Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Smoke
Lens: 55mm Camera: K-7 ISO: 100 Aperture: F4 
Posted By: mel, 12-29-2009, 07:27 PM

My house is a complete disorganized mess. I really should clean it. And organize. But I'm doing stuff like this instead. What's wrong with me?

Auto Mamiya-Sekor 55/1.8 (thanks Dadipentak!)
Views: 2,244
12-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Bah, nothing wrong with you at all. Who wants to clean mess anyway.

The IQ on the blue one looks the best and it has the best lines. Good work Mel.
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Sound like a nomal photgrapher to me Mel. My wife is always after me to get my work done around this house onl;y to sneak out for another couple of hours. Love the blue one Mel. JIM
12-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks great - all of them, but the blue one does stand out in colour and pattern.

12-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nothing wrong with not cleaning Mel. You wouldn't want to see my room.

Love these, and if you'll look carefully, the first one has a pregnant lady in it; the second one lookes like a musical staff; and the third is a Hogwarts student with sunglasses on, watching an owl swoop down from outside.
12-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Love that second (blue) one Mel (looks like a trebble clef or whatever the word is for that musical scale thingy).

First water drops, now smoke, what next??? (how about a blurry pic. of you garden fence, asking what you did wrong ). Really, I'm just jealous - I haven't really done anything creative lately, other than deciding what to bounce my flash off of (shooting pics of kids at family christmas events).
12-30-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member

im a sucker for green so I like number 3. all are incredible though. i just might have to do some myself
12-30-2009, 04:38 AM   #8
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Sound like a nomal photgrapher to me Mel. My wife is always after me to get my work done around this house onl;y to sneak out for another couple of hours. Love the blue one Mel. JIM
Your wife and my husband could probably swap stories. Maybe if he heard stories he wouldn't be annoyed with me? lol. Thanks Jim!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Looks great - all of them, but the blue one does stand out in colour and pattern.
The consensus seems to be the blue one is best. I really like it too. There's almost a word there that you can't quite read, like eric, or eire or something. Part of the fun with this was firing away and then seeing later what I got and the potention in them while playing with them a bit. I could probably post about 20 more but I'll spare everyone

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Nothing wrong with not cleaning Mel. You wouldn't want to see my room.

Love these, and if you'll look carefully, the first one has a pregnant lady in it; the second one lookes like a musical staff; and the third is a Hogwarts student with sunglasses on, watching an owl swoop down from outside.
Cool! I hadn't looked past the word in the blue one (and I'm trying to at least make it LOOK like I've done something with the house even if it's just slightly rearranging the mess)

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Love that second (blue) one Mel (looks like a trebble clef or whatever the word is for that musical scale thingy).

First water drops, now smoke, what next??? (how about a blurry pic. of you garden fence, asking what you did wrong ). Really, I'm just jealous - I haven't really done anything creative lately, other than deciding what to bounce my flash off of (shooting pics of kids at family christmas events).
I think next I'll be waiting for some ice. I really liked Rense's ice crystal macros. But for setting up something, yeah, I'm at a loss. These two were really fun. If I come up with something I'm sure I'll be subjecting you all to it! lol

QuoteOriginally posted by iceemn360 Quote
im a sucker for green so I like number 3. all are incredible though. i just might have to do some myself
Thanks! These were all shot against blue paper (you can see some of the paper grain in the green and orange ones) so there's some color manipulation going on obviously. I could do this all day . . .

12-30-2009, 04:39 AM   #9
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
Bah, nothing wrong with you at all. Who wants to clean mess anyway.

The IQ on the blue one looks the best and it has the best lines. Good work Mel.
Thanks Carl! Glad there's nothing wrong with me
12-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Hey Mel, don't worry about your house...don't let your dreams go up in smoke...just go out and enjoy yourself and take photos that we enjoy viewing on this forum Really unique photos!
12-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
JMR
Veteran Member

Exceptional. I won't ask how you did it, because that will cut into your housework! And now, believe it or not, I have to do some too!

JMR
12-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #12
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
Hey Mel, don't worry about your house...don't let your dreams go up in smoke...just go out and enjoy yourself and take photos that we enjoy viewing on this forum Really unique photos!
Thanks! To anyone that sees my house, it's rather obvious I don't worry much about it

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Exceptional. I won't ask how you did it, because that will cut into your housework! And now, believe it or not, I have to do some too!

JMR
Thank you!
I really really hate housework so I'l tell you. It was fairly simple: inscense stick in holder on counter, dark blue paper behind, camera on tripod, off camera flash at 90 degrees to camera. Get 'er smokin' and fire away. Then work it post in Lightroom to make it look cool. I had some sunlight coming in from a window on the side opposite the flash so that added some interesting effects too.
12-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Love the first two! They are stunning! Looks like the was a word writeen in the smoke in the second shot: "RiMe" or something....