Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I spent an hour in the garden this morning.....
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 06-18-2007, 04:15 PM

After 2 days of rain the sun came out this morning and woke up just about everything in the garden. Here are a few pictures of what I found:

All were taken with the 50~200 plus Canon 250D
Views: 3,737
06-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Man I could spend all day in the garden and never get the shots you do.
Heinrich these shots are great. So crisp and clear. I really hope with in the next few weeks I will have some great butterfly pics to post. Our butterfly bushes are just now starting to bloom. (Now if they really attract butterfly's is yet to be seen.) If they don't I'm coming to your garden and getting some tutoring from the man who always posts great pics.
06-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Beautiful like always Heinrich.

David, please let me know when your traveling to Heinrich's place and I'll join you there for a lesson as well
Although I might want to get a macro lens first.
06-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful garden shots, I like the bees eye view in the second one. That fat bee is frozen in mid air and the flowers really have nice depth. That 250d really seems to do a good job with the 50-200 for you.

06-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Cool ladybird, did it shine itself up especially?
06-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Man I could spend all day in the garden and never get the shots you do.
Heinrich these shots are great. So crisp and clear. I really hope with in the next few weeks I will have some great butterfly pics to post. Our butterfly bushes are just now starting to bloom. (Now if they really attract butterfly's is yet to be seen.) If they don't I'm coming to your garden and getting some tutoring from the man who always posts great pics.
Thank you for the kind words David and I do hope that you will get your butterflies. Come to our garden any time you feel like it, we could have a conversation about success rates when one tries to photograph flying insects. LOL, take care

Heinrich
06-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Beautiful like always Heinrich.

David, please let me know when your traveling to Heinrich's place and I'll join you there for a lesson as well
Although I might want to get a macro lens first.
Hi Stu and thank you. No need to buy a macro lens first, I don't have one neither.

Take care, Heinrich

06-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
Beautiful garden shots, I like the bees eye view in the second one. That fat bee is frozen in mid air and the flowers really have nice depth. That 250d really seems to do a good job with the 50-200 for you.
Thank you Tom and I do like that one as well.

I use that 250D mostly on the Nikon CP 8800, it was a bit of a learning curve on the K100D. It behaves different, must have to do with the different type of lens construction but I am getting the hang of it.

Take care, Heinrich
06-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Cool ladybird, did it shine itself up especially?
Thanks Arpe, yes it did, all I have to teach them now is to use some powder to keep the reflections down. LOL, take care

Heinrich
06-19-2007, 01:03 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Great photos Heinrich. From one who never managed macro with live animals (only flyfishing flies), it is a pleasure to see such clear and sharp photos.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Eddie
06-19-2007, 01:06 AM   #11
Inactive Account

An hour well-spent! Wonderful!
06-19-2007, 04:30 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Excellent photos Heinrich!

The Ladybird Beetle looks like it is carved from rich mahogany wood, stained, varnished and left to dry on a leaf. Simply a superb representation.
06-19-2007, 04:52 AM   #13
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Heinrich, They are all great shots. Number 2 is a great shot and my fav of the bunch, such a difficult capture to acheive. Sharp and so well framed, you've done it well. The lady bug is also a very good shot, clear with good detail and colour. Looks like you've mastered the 'learning curve' with that lens. I never would have thought a diopter lens could produce such excellent results. With the flash, is it straight on or do you use (or ever tried to) a softbox/diffuser on the flash head ("use some powder to keep the reflections down")?
06-19-2007, 06:23 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Great series Heinrich, that 2nd shot is a wonderful capture and the ladybug is tack sharp. I may have to join the others in your garden for a lesson...
06-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #15

Wow, these are really great photos...