Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Colour and B&W, which do you prefear
Lens: 70mm Camera: K200D 
Posted By: alehel, 12-31-2009, 07:01 PM

I've got two shots which I've now converted to black and white. Personally I like the B&W versions better, but I was interested in knowing what others here might think of them. So here they are in both colour and B&W.

For the B&W version of this image I decided to add some mist to the image. I think it gives the image a bit more mood.

This shot wasn't edited other than converting it to B&W. The colour version seems dull and boring to me, but I like it in B&W.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Views: 1,251
12-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The second capture isn't much to look at but #1 does offer a pleasant environment to visualise.
The B&W does accentuate the landscape but the conversion is a little bland, causing a low-contrast image. Give it a stronger output in the blues and it may come out bolder.

Then again, the colour version could also be made to pop a little more with levels and curves.