Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Photos with new lens
Posted By: Moggman, 06-18-2007, 06:59 PM

Here are some of my first snaps with my new (to me) Sigma 70-210 f4-5.6

Petunia in the back yard

Same Petunia, with "rain" (My wife sprayed it with the hose)

Lily from my neighbor's garden

Blooming Hostas, again, belonging to my neighbors.

I wish I could get more than flowers, but I haven't had the opportunity to get out anywhere. All pics have had no PP other than resizing for web use. C&C of course is welcome.
Views: 1,483
06-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on the new lens. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but the spritzed petunia looks sharper than the dry one.

As for finding flowers, the best trick I've found is just walking around the neighborhood. I never knew there were so many flowers out there until I started walking my dog with camera in hand. It's a good thing I have talented gardeners in my neighborhood since I have two black thumbs.
06-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
I think the second one looks sharper too. The surface of the flower was kind of tough to focus on manually with so many different angles.