Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A couple of shots of Tirana, Albania
Posted By: Deni, 06-20-2007, 07:04 AM

All the shots are taken from my apartment's balcony.

Cropped the sides (the building where I live and another building). Shot in raw and used pentax photo laboratory to convert. Still learning to process though, so these should be considered as test shots.

ExposureTime : 1/1500Sec
FNumber : F8.0
ExposureProgram : Aperture Priority
ISOSpeedRatings : 200
ExposureBiasValue : EV0.0
MeteringMode : Spot
Flash : Not fired(Compulsory)
FocalLength : 55.00(mm)

Converted from raw. Increased a bit the sensitivity, contrast and sharpening. Resizing done automatically by Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing.

ExposureTime : 1/750Sec
ExposureBiasValue : EV0.0
FocalLength : 55.00(mm)

Converted from raw. Increased a bit the sensitivity, contrast and sharpening. Resizing done automatically by Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing.

ExposureTime : 1/200Sec
ExifVersion : 0221
DateTimeOriginal : 2007:06:18 02:09:37
DateTimeDigitized : 2007:06:18 02:09:37
ExposureBiasValue : EV1.7
FocalLength : 21.00(mm)

Views: 1,773
06-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #2

Hey Deni,

What's the story behind all those arrows painted on to the building in #3?

Nikhil.
06-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful colors. Way too many buildings though. Urbanism sure has its pitfalls.

Love the clouds and mountains in #1.
06-21-2007, 01:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Way too many buildings though. Urbanism sure has its pitfalls.
Tirana, Albania's capital, has experienced a boom in construction in the last ~ 15 years. And many buildings are still under construction. The problem is that not only too many building are being built but there's very little if any urbanization plans, so the city has become an urban nightmare at its best.

QuoteQuote:
Love the clouds and mountains in #1.
That's called "Dajti" mountain. IRR is 1612 meters high (a little more than a mile).

QuoteQuote:
What's the story behind all those arrows painted on to the building in #3?
That's the work of Tirana's Mayor called Edi Rama. All the buildings, from communist era and post communist era (pre 1992 and post 1992) were not finished properly, i.e. not painted, so the mayor expressed all his "talent" on them. He's an artist btw, painter.

I sort of agree and disagree with his style. He gave Tirana a fresher look with the new colors, but since he went through the hassle and funds to paint all these buildings he could have used less extravagant colors. Some of the buildings look like they're the work of kindergarten children, i.e. the "arrows" building.

06-21-2007, 01:15 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Deni Quote
That's the work of Tirana's Mayor called Edi Rama. All the buildings, from communist era and post communist era (pre 1992 and post 1992) were not finished properly, i.e. not painted, so the mayor expressed all his "talent" on them. He's an artist btw, painter.

I sort of agree and disagree with his style. He gave Tirana a fresher look with the new colors, but since he went through the hassle and funds to paint all these buildings he could have used less extravagant colors. Some of the buildings look like they're the work of kindergarten children, i.e. the "arrows" building.
Hahaha! That's fantastic... gotta love public administrators who are keen to express their creativity.

The interesting thing to me about that section of your photograph is that all the cars are parked facing the direction opposite to where the arrows point
06-21-2007, 01:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
The interesting thing to me about that section of your photograph is that all the cars are parked facing the direction opposite to where the arrows point
That part of the road is one way. If u look closely at the bottom of the photo you'll notice another road that goes in the same direction as the arrows. That's the way to 2 of the exits from Tirana and probably that's what the arrows point at.
06-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Deni Quote
That part of the road is one way. If u look closely at the bottom of the photo you'll notice another road that goes in the same direction as the arrows. That's the way to 2 of the exits from Tirana and probably that's what the arrows point at.
Yeah, I figured that there was another road for traffic in the other direction... the incogruity of the photograph is amusing though.

N.

[PS: Your Super-Tak 50 + adapter should be well on their way... I've been kinda busy the past few days and haven't had the chance to email you]

06-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #8
Veteran Member

love the clouds in your shot (no.1) as well. Well done
06-21-2007, 02:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
the incogruity of the photograph is amusing though
Don't really understand what you mean by that .

QuoteQuote:
[PS: Your Super-Tak 50 + adapter should be well on their way... I've been kinda busy the past few days and haven't had the chance to email you]
Looking forward . When did you ship it? Is there any special way if using the lens and the adapter or is it straight forward? So far the operation of the k100d camera has been pretty intuitive for me. As soon as I got the lens and body in my hands somehow I knew what to do.

Thanks for the good words everyone ! I'm still learning though. Would like to shoot only raw, but writing to the card takes quite some time and that's annoying (it takes around 8 sec for 1 photo to be written). I'm using a 2gb pqi hi-speed 60 sd card.
06-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #10

Dude, sweet!!! These are some very colorful building and it does look like there's a lot of construction going on.
I hope you get your lens soon.