Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Plastic humanity
Lens: 135mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: New York City ISO: 400 
Posted By: causey, 01-06-2010, 06:36 PM

... and my Shopping Ninja, who left me plenty of time in the company of these models:

Last edited by causey; 01-07-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Views: 1,883
01-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
These are different. Very, very cool.

The third ones reflection, creeps me out, so alien like.

Well done!
01-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Interesting perspectives.

I'm with Modus, that third shot is eerie as all hell. But probably my favourite

Thanks for sharing.
01-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #4

That is a fascinating series. Very well done. It plays with perception, and is eerie as others have mentioned. I really like the close up sections that add to the series as a whole. If I were you, I think I'd be going back there to shoot some more for a very interesting addendum to the series. I'm sure your "shopper" would be delighted.

01-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fine lighting in these images.
Well captured and portrayed scenes.
01-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Creative and well executed. Well done and thanks for sharing,
01-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Eerie but fascinating and some say plastic not alive I feel in some of these its too life like TFS

cheers
01-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you all for your comments. I must do something better to get such positive reactions. (I don't post for reactions, since I learn from comments to the others' photos as well, but for the sheer pleasure of sharing. However, your comments are encouraging. And they make me happy.)

Last edited by causey; 01-07-2010 at 07:02 AM.
01-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pardes Quote
That is a fascinating series. Very well done. It plays with perception, and is eerie as others have mentioned. I really like the close up sections that add to the series as a whole. If I were you, I think I'd be going back there to shoot some more for a very interesting addendum to the series. I'm sure your "shopper" would be delighted.
Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I'm back to Boston now. I was in NYC for a conference, and in my free time the Shopping Ninja dragged me from one store to another in search of deep discounts. She had attenuating circumstances: it was freezing cold outside. I took shots in 4-5 different stores. All of them had excellent studio-like lighting... But I have more of the same. Here's another 5:

01-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I'm back to Boston now. I was in NYC for a conference, and in my free time the Shopping Ninja dragged me from one store to another in search of deep discounts. She had attenuating circumstances: it was freezing cold outside. I took shots in 4-5 different stores. All of them had excellent studio-like lighting... But I have more of the same. Here's another 5:

OH yeah! That's exactly what I mean. All are great but 2 and 4 stand all on their own, and are worthy of applause.

And Especially 4. Composition on it is perfect in my opinion. The light is perfect. What a find. Just think how much the photo wouldn't have worked if the mannequin had been more "normal" looking.

In #2, the hand looks so "alive" while the mechanical seam in the wrist lends to good confusion.

I don't know what this is called in sociological terms but the photo makes a statement about women in a subtle way that is disturbing because you aren't exactly sure what the photog intended so you tend to think about it even after you've stopped looking at the photo.

You do realize don't you, that now we are going to expect more intriguing series to follow, don't you?

Also. Take heart. Just think how much trouble you'd be in if Ninja Shopper had LBA.
01-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #11
Inactive Account

I just love this! You have opened my eyes a litle more with these pictures! Thank You Causey.
01-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice stuff - refreshingly different and very well thought out.

Jer
01-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You do realize don't you, that now we are going to expect more intriguing series to follow, don't you?
I know now

Also. Take heart. Just think how much trouble you'd be in if Ninja Shopper had LBA.
We negotiate our addictions, and I think we manage to balance them well. She's pretty reasonable, I must say. Yet I'm satisfied it's me the one with a (mild?) form of LBA.

Last edited by causey; 01-27-2010 at 03:17 PM.
01-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
I just love this! You have opened my eyes a litle more with these pictures! Thank You Causey.
I opened mine; I'm happy they had a similar effect on you. Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Nice stuff - refreshingly different and very well thought out.

Jer
Thank you!