Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Approve image for Premiere Collection
Posted By: Jimbo, 01-11-2010, 04:42 PM

First image approved in the Premiere Collection for me. Was really surprised. Thanks to those that voted for this image. Cheers JIM

Views: 4,696
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jim, congrats on that one! Not surprised, it's a picture of great beauty and it has a magnificent depth!

01-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, Jim, spectacular.
Loved the image when I first saw it.
Congrats mate.
Well deserved.

Last edited by Ash; 01-11-2010 at 11:52 PM.
01-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Jim, congrats on that one! Not surprised, it's a picture of great beauty and it has a magnificent depth!

QuoteQuote:
Yep, Jim, spectacular.
Love the image when I first saw it.
Congrats mate.
Much appreciate Ash. You always comment good or bad and I have had many of both. JIM
01-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #19
Inactive Account

What an absolutely gorgeous shot; great composition, fantastic, other world colors. Your work always makes me scratch my head and question "do I really live in the same part of the world that he does?"...

01-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Breathtaking.
Congratulations
01-12-2010, 03:57 AM   #21
Veteran Member

That's an incredible photo, absolutely beautiful.
01-12-2010, 05:25 AM   #22

I got a chill when I saw this.

Love it!

01-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Congrats Jim!
It's a very beautiful picture.
01-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Modus Operandi Quote
I got a chill when I saw this.

Love it!
Me too! It's an excellent image, congratulations. I can image this would look even better printed large and framed etc.
01-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is an awesome picture. One of the best landscape shots I can remeber having seen the last year at least.

Just curious: did you plan this shot ahead (you know, time of day, sun position, hoping for morning (?) fog...) or is it something you just saw when you came there?
We would also like to hear how much you had to freeze, long you had to walk, tons you had to carry, icy rivers you had to swim over and all about the grizzly that hunt you up into a tree...seriously, I love to hear how you did this.
01-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Congratulations Jimbo, a really stunning photo and much deserved admission to the premier gallery.
01-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
What an absolutely gorgeous shot; great composition, fantastic, other world colors. Your work always makes me scratch my head and question "do I really live in the same part of the world that he does?"...
Thank you for your kind words Jeff. JIM

QuoteQuote:
bluespearbone Breathtaking.
Congratulations
Appreciate you commenting on my hobby. Thank you for your kind words too. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Modus Operandi I got a chill when I saw this.

Love it!
It was a great morning to shoot photos here. The frost and lighting came together. Finally all those early mornings paid off. Thank you., JIM

QuoteQuote:
Congrats Jim!
It's a very beautiful picture
Thankl you Joni. Iam a fan of your work so being in the same arena means a lot. JIM
QuoteQuote:
Me too! It's an excellent image, congratulations. I can image this would look even better printed large and framed etc.
It does. Got a large print done and it turned out great. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Douglas_of_Sweden It is an awesome picture. One of the best landscape shots I can remeber having seen the last year at least.

Just curious: did you plan this shot ahead (you know, time of day, sun position, hoping for morning (?) fog...) or is it something you just saw when you came there?
We would also like to hear how much you had to freeze, long you had to walk, tons you had to carry, icy rivers you had to swim over and all about the grizzly that hunt you up into a tree...seriously, I love to hear how you did this.
Douglas, I wish I could tell you this long tale of hardship on getting the shot but this is 15 minutes from my home. I have taken 100's of shots from this location. I knew the frost would be out and the clouds fianlly broke after days of rain. Did I get lucky., Maybe but I did plan to be there and I had been working on approving my wide angle images for months. I think it just all came together all at once. Thank you for your kind words. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Congratulations Jimbo, a really stunning photo and much deserved admission to the premier gallery.
Thank you. Always appreciate you taking the time to comment on my images. JIM
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats jim, a Very well deserved picture. Cheers!!!
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote

Douglas, I wish I could tell you this long tale of hardship on getting the shot but this is 15 minutes from my home. I have taken 100's of shots from this location. I knew the frost would be out and the clouds fianlly broke after days of rain. Did I get lucky., Maybe but I did plan to be there and I had been working on approving my wide angle images for months. I think it just all came together all at once. Thank you for your kind words. JIM
You live in a truly beautifull place!
01-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what else can i say, except, beautiful composition... and... mazel tov.....