Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winter transportation
Camera: k200d Photo Location: Boston, NYC 
Posted By: causey, 01-11-2010, 05:39 PM

Some shots taken in the last two weeks. Nothing special, but I kind of like them.

Views: 1,863
01-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Well, I just had to laugh at the bike! But I can do that 'cos in Australia our cities are getting to over 43 degrees at the moment (e.g. Melbourne yesterday).

The busy patterns and colours in No 3 are pretty good, but No1 shows an outstanding eye for a shot -- if the road had been straight it would've been "Ho hum, yep, seen that before," but the angled bend and exactly where you stood on the bridge to get the photo, not to mention the perfectly placed building at the end, make this the pick of the bunch by quite a margin. Nice work, Stefan.
01-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Nothing special" you say, but to me each one of these is presenting the everyday in a special way. The first 3 are my favourites, I like the colour and detail, and the compositions are pretty good IMO like that G M Fude is saying.
For me, the bike is a little bit less effective - I'm not too sure why, but it's still a good shot with plenty of interest. I am also an Aussie and had a laugh at the poor frozen bike!
01-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you both for your comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by G M Fude Quote
Well, I just had to laugh at the bike! But I can do that 'cos in Australia our cities are getting to over 43 degrees at the moment (e.g. Melbourne yesterday).
Still, you should see a New England snow storm just for the experience I lived in Florida for 3 years, and there I was bored with the (more or less) never ending spring-summer season. Now I'm full of fond memories of that continuous warm-if not hot-and humid weather.

QuoteOriginally posted by G M Fude Quote
if the road had been straight it would've been "Ho hum, yep, seen that before," but the angled bend and exactly where you stood on the bridge to get the photo, not to mention the perfectly placed building at the end, make this the pick of the bunch by quite a margin.
My thought, exactly. I took pictures of the same place several times, but only this time it occurred to me I should push the zoom to capture the road's angle more closely. I like this pic most; it's stayed as a desktop wallpaper on my PC for two weeks. Full sized, it looks very sharp and full of detail. I like it in part because I took it with (yet another) unexpectedly cheap good lens: a very old Vivitar 28-70mm f/3.5-4.8. I was amazed at its quality.

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
"Nothing special" you say, but to me each one of these is presenting the everyday in a special way. The first 3 are my favourites, I like the colour and detail, and the compositions are pretty good IMO like that G M Fude is saying.
I like no. 2 for the detail showing the salt of which the old car and the ground around it are full. (Also, the look of the old car...) They regularly throw tons of salt on the streets here in the winter. No wonder streets get bumpy.

Last edited by causey; 01-12-2010 at 09:01 AM.
01-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting street shots.
Each in their own way.
Well done and thanks for sharing these chilly scenes.
01-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you, Ash. Good reactions from Australia! I guess Aussies appreciate a nice, strong chill. Photographed chill, that is.