Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
We have a Dream
Lens: 130mm Camera: K20D Photo Location: Sherwood Park, Albeta ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1500s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: daacon, 01-13-2010, 02:52 PM

To win gold in our home land .. shut out in 1976 in Montreal and in Calgary in 1988 (went to those games) so here's to Vancouver 2010

I have been on death's door the last two weeks. I think it was the H1N1 shot I got about a month ago anyway today is the first day I am feeling better and was able to get outside a bit to capture the Olympic flame coming through our community. On the mend finally......

Views: 2,883
01-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gives you the warm and fuzzies.
Nice, Dave.
01-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm glad you're up and running, bud. I just got that shot a couple of days ago, and it made me look old . . . . . oops, maybe I already did.

Nice shots, particularly the second one.

Jer
01-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Gives you the warm and fuzzies.
Nice, Dave.
Thanks Ash appreaciate you stopping buy.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'm glad you're up and running, bud. I just got that shot a couple of days ago, and it made me look old . . . . . oops, maybe I already did.
Nice shots, particularly the second one.
Jer
Thanks Jer , its been quite a while since I have been sick at all and even longer sick this long - ummm wonder if I am get older ????

01-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Dave,
Sorry to hear you haven't been well...glad to hear you are on the mend.

So, can Canada take the all important Ice Hockey Gold medal..??...I am guessing that's really the only one that matters ??

Cheers mate.
01-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
G'day Dave,
Sorry to hear you haven't been well...glad to hear you are on the mend.

So, can Canada take the all important Ice Hockey Gold medal..??...I am guessing that's really the only one that matters ??

Cheers mate.
Hey thanks buddy ! Any Gold medal will do as we have never won one on home soil in the two previous games we have had.

And you are correct anything less than gold in hockey will be considered a national disaapointment but it is no way a given as the US and Russia will be forces to contend with for sure !
01-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Your back Dave and here am I thinking you have gone on vacation again somewhere warmer,anyway we will all be watching the winter Olympics in Vancouver although the 19 hrs difference is a pain but still will see most of it,heres to your health buddy, more sauce and you will tip top shape

cheers

01-14-2010, 05:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Your back Dave and here am I thinking you have gone on vacation again somewhere warmer,anyway we will all be watching the winter Olympics in Vancouver although the 19 hrs difference is a pain but still will see most of it,heres to your health buddy, more sauce and you will tip top shape
cheers
Thanks Ivan yeah that is quite a time diff and you know the big events will be prime time for the US as NBC paid something like $200 million for the rights ! And I will not be sitting on a beach under a tropical sun for another 30 days 11 hours 49 minutes yet , not like I am counting or anything
01-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Nice shots Dave and glad you're feeling better. Been exceptionally cold here this winter with plenty of snow and down to -18 C sometimes, but I guess that's chickenfeed to the temperatures you must be getting.

Paul
01-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

We need snow now or they will be swimming downhill. Nicely done Dave. JIM
01-15-2010, 05:55 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Nice shots Dave and glad you're feeling better. Been exceptionally cold here this winter with plenty of snow and down to -18 C sometimes, but I guess that's chickenfeed to the temperatures you must be getting.
Paul
Hey Paul long time no hear from ! -18C is cold regradless of where you are expecially in any kind of humidity. Yes we have expericed twice that here - but the last week we have been just below or above 0 so it's a nice break.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Indeed Jim I hope the weather comes back to cold or at least -10C and some snow - now how often do you wish for that !
01-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Nice Dave - I love seeing the heat waves above the flames. Sorry to hear you were feeling bad, but as long as you didn't question whether you would be able to live forever (your sig), you're doin' alright...

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Well, it looks like the Sierras are finally going to get some significant snow, so if it looks too bad up there, just send your skiers on down here - I'm sure Squaw could still put together some Olympic courses (and they still have their rings laying around somewhere ).