Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Friends
Lens: 50mm Camera: *istD ISO: 200 Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: eccs19, 01-14-2010, 06:55 PM

I took a few shots tonight for my friends. I've printed this one out, and once printed, it looks a LOT darker on the print than on the screen. I know my monitor isn't calibrated, but I didn't think it was that bad. The printer is just a cheap Canon Inkjet, so it could also be that. I actually printed it out 8.5x11, and also 5x7, and the smaller one wasn't nearly as dark. I guess basic question for those with a calibrated monitor is, does this picture look really dark, or does it seem reasonable?

Views: 1,614
01-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Printing on any consumer printer is bound to cause colour and exposure discrepancies, but with regards to the image itself, the subjects seem insufficiency lit and appear flat on my screen. Otherwise, it may require further PP tweaking and reviewing of the histogram to get their skin tones to be more highlighted in the image.
01-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Printing on any consumer printer is bound to cause colour and exposure discrepancies, but with regards to the image itself, the subjects seem insufficiency lit and appear flat on my screen. Otherwise, it may require further PP tweaking and reviewing of the histogram to get their skin tones to be more highlighted in the image.

Thanks for the input. I had used 2 umbrella's on either side of them at 45 degrees, plus one flash on the background. I think my mistake is that they had a ceiling light above them, and one behind me that I had intentions of turning off, but forgot. I guess that's something you learn from experience.