Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
B&W Morning in Colorado
Posted By: sealonsf, 01-15-2010, 10:31 AM

I know the clouds are blown, but other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?
Views: 1,866
01-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot, very nice conversion.
I would try to darken the sky myself (by
decreasing the blue level), but I like it
this way, no matter what!
01-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Great shot, very nice conversion.
I would try to darken the sky myself (by
decreasing the blue level), but I like it
this way, no matter what!
Thanks so much for the tip of how to work on the sky. I have a lot to learn and currently no software to help. But I appreciate it! One of these days I'm going to start on that path.
01-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bold and contrasty image here. Good details, but I would agree with Rense to use your B&W tool to darken the sky and add further contrast to the subject matter from the sky.
Well done.

01-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice shot, and I would trust both of the above members. They are straight shooters.

What part of Colorado are you in? Always looking for good places to go shoot, any recomendations I am new to town and my time is very challenging right now. I'm in the denver area.

John
01-16-2010, 01:22 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
Thanks so much for the tip of how to work on the sky. I have a lot to learn and currently no software to help. But I appreciate it! One of these days I'm going to start on that path.
Very nicely done, was this straight out of camera then (using the digital filter or something)?
01-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice shot...Colorado has so many photo ops...a great place to live Except in the winter...we southern gals can't take all that cold

01-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marilith Quote
Very nicely done, was this straight out of camera then (using the digital filter or something)?
I converted it with Picnik on Flickr. I use the digital filter in my camera (k2000) but I didn't with this one. Thanks for the comment!
01-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
What part of Colorado are you in? Always looking for good places to go shoot, any recomendations I am new to town and my time is very challenging right now. I'm in the denver area.
Well, IMO, you're living in a photo dream. It's almost impossible to take a bad picture in Colorado. This was taken in the San Juans - near Lake City. I love that area (Ouray, Lake City, Silverton).