Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My All-time favorite shots from my K100D
Camera: K100D 
Posted By: Brian Wahl, 01-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Sadly, I'm selling my beloved K100D - taking it to the post office today, actually. I'm moving to a different camera system, but I've always loved this forum, and I'll miss browsing here (well, I'll still browse here, but will no longer be a Pentax shooter).

So here are just a few of my all-time favorite shots with my K100D. Great little camera.

Click the images for a bigger view.

Most of these were taken with the Sigma 18-200mm 3.5-6.3 zoom. The plant against the red wall was taken with the kit lens.

I think the plant against the red wall is my favorite photo I've ever taken. I love the simplicity of it, and the background perfectly highlights the color in the plant. I also really like the photo of the little girl with the sucker. That is my cousin's daughter in the photo.

What's your favorite?
Views: 1,645
01-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
All very nice photos. My favorite is the cat - nicely framed.

-Mark
01-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Some very good captures that hopefully evoke even better memories for you, Brian. Best of luck with your switch.
01-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by meszidik Quote
All very nice photos. My favorite is the cat - nicely framed.

-Mark
QuoteOriginally posted by nate_b Quote
Some very good captures that hopefully evoke even better memories for you, Brian. Best of luck with your switch.
Thanks, Mark! The cat is def. a good one.

Nate - these really do bring back some memories. Trips - the pyramid shot is from Chitzen-Itza in Mexico - the other architectural shot is from a museum in Tulsa, OK - my wife and I went there for our 2nd anniversary when we lived in OK - the guitar shot is from a Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe that I've sold, but I loved it.

The K100D was my 1st DSLR. I remember the first time I ever shot a DSLR - a Nikon D50 I think. I knew I had to have one. I shopped around all the popular models back in '06, and the Pentax was by far my favorite. I'd love to stay in the Pentax family, but I'm on budget of about $600 or so, which puts me right in line with the K-X. Sadly, there are a few features that I really, really want that the K-X lacks, but otherwise it seems like a great camera. I've gone with a Canon T1i - got a great deal on a refurb.

Thanks for looking!

01-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

Excellents shots. Well good luck. I am sure the Canon is a great camera, but remember, it's the person behind the camera.

JMR
01-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice diversity, great shots.
Sorry to hear you are switching,
but I hope you will have fun with your
new system!
01-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stunning images Brian.
Sad to see you go.
#2 is my fave - exquisite textures and soft lighting do it for me...
But all are just beautiful - you've put your K100D to great use.
All the best in your future photography.
01-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Excellents shots. Well good luck. I am sure the Canon is a great camera, but remember, it's the person behind the camera.

JMR
Thanks! I totally agree. I really don't think one brand is better than the other - these SLR's that are being put out today (and over the last several years) create incredible images if used correctly. I really just wanted a camera that could do video, tether to my laptop, and the lack of focus indicator points was a bit of a dealbreaker for me on the k-x as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Nice diversity, great shots.
Sorry to hear you are switching,
but I hope you will have fun with your
new system!
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Stunning images Brian.
Sad to see you go.
#2 is my fave - exquisite textures and soft lighting do it for me...
But all are just beautiful - you've put your K100D to great use.
All the best in your future photography.
Thanks!