Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Back from California post! (part 4: San Francisco) Long post!!
Posted By: mikerigel, 06-24-2007, 07:42 AM

last one

C&C always welcome!
Thanks for looking!
Views: 2,793
06-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great series of shots Mike. Liked them all and it looks like you had a really interesting trip. There are so many nice ones to comment on, I'll just pick out a few. Thought it was a great surfing shot. Must be difficult to get that moment. The tree shots inspire me to try shooting trees from different perspectives. You gor some beautiful results. Where the photograghers photograghing you photographing them in your party? An interesting study with the policeman there as well. We don't see the police ever dressed anything like that in England. I guess the weather just doesn't encourage it. The animal close ups including the dog are great and you really captured the moment in the focused concentration of the artist above. 2000 photos did you say? That would have been a lot of cash in film and processing!

Paul
06-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Man...these are great. The shot of the quail on the residents only sign is priceless. The street shots are great, you've got an eye for people and buildings.
06-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I love San Fran and from your shots can't wait to get back great shots all of 'em

06-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #5

The pic of the artist is wonderful.... the paper acting as an impromptu reflector adds much to the photograph. I wonder if the image would be strengthened if you crop such that you lose the kid on the left. Regardless, an excellent photograph.

I really like the next one as well... the older gentleman walking down a street playing his guitar. How SF is that?

I love the "emergency phone and crisis counseling" board at the bridge. I wonder how often they get calls on that line!

Very nice work! I hope you enjoyed your trip to California.

N.
06-24-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Wonderful series all excellent shots especially the quail shot, just brilliant. Looks like you had a lot of fun on your trip and I can't wait for you to go back and get more shots like these.
06-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Felt like I was with you on the trip. Thanks for sharing them all./

06-24-2007, 06:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Great series of shots Mike. Liked them all and it looks like you had a really interesting trip. There are so many nice ones to comment on, I'll just pick out a few. Thought it was a great surfing shot. Must be difficult to get that moment. The tree shots inspire me to try shooting trees from different perspectives. You gor some beautiful results. Where the photograghers photograghing you photographing them in your party? An interesting study with the policeman there as well. We don't see the police ever dressed anything like that in England. I guess the weather just doesn't encourage it. The animal close ups including the dog are great and you really captured the moment in the focused concentration of the artist above. 2000 photos did you say? That would have been a lot of cash in film and processing!

Paul
Thanks Paul! The photographers were just shooting the view I guess... Nothing was going on behind me.. I can't imagine shooting 2000 photos on film... my wife would kill me!!
06-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Man...these are great. The shot of the quail on the residents only sign is priceless. The street shots are great, you've got an eye for people and buildings.
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I love San Fran and from your shots can't wait to get back great shots all of 'em
Thanks guys!

QuoteOriginally posted by Nixarma Quote
The pic of the artist is wonderful.... the paper acting as an impromptu reflector adds much to the photograph. I wonder if the image would be strengthened if you crop such that you lose the kid on the left. Regardless, an excellent photograph.

I really like the next one as well... the older gentleman walking down a street playing his guitar. How SF is that?

I love the "emergency phone and crisis counseling" board at the bridge. I wonder how often they get calls on that line!

Very nice work! I hope you enjoyed your trip to California.

N.
Regarding cropping the artist photo, I will have to try, I kinda like the kid there though..
Well, about the emergency phone, they do get a lot of calls and my family actually warned me that we might see someone ready to jump while walking on the bridge, and we should be ready to say something if needed..

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Wonderful series all excellent shots especially the quail shot, just brilliant. Looks like you had a lot of fun on your trip and I can't wait for you to go back and get more shots like these.
Thanks! It was a great trip and I too can't wait to go back, I just loved it!!

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Felt like I was with you on the trip. Thanks for sharing them all./
Thanks for looking!
06-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by mikerigel Quote
Regarding cropping the artist photo, I will have to try, I kinda like the kid there though..
Just to clarify, I meant the kid that one can see partially at the left of the photograph. The kid and his/her dad who is the subject of the sketch should most definitely be in the photograph
06-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nixarma Quote
Just to clarify, I meant the kid that one can see partially at the left of the photograph. The kid and his/her dad who is the subject of the sketch should most definitely be in the photograph
Good to clarify... it's time to go to bed for me..