Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
first shots using a Sigma dg super
Posted By: rhermans, 06-24-2007, 09:02 AM

Got it this saturday, so my first impressions

The flash itself is fine, but the manual ... I already hate reading those things and this one is really really bad.
The wireless functionality works but I guess it fires on the wrong moment. Might be me though I guess it's not.

And now some shots, any c&c is always welcome

Oh yes before I forget, taken with a k10d + kiron105mm + flash + lumiquest mini soft box.

Alcea rosea / Hollyhock

a bit closer

a small fly

a tiny butterfly (or moth) on top of some styrofoam

Last edited by rhermans; 06-25-2007 at 05:40 AM. Reason: enlarged the images were a bit to small
Views: 1,581
06-24-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Great shots, I'm with you..I hate reading manuals. My wife got me a Pentax af-360fgz flash and the remote set up for it but I'm darned if I've figured out how to use it properly or when it would be of help to me in shooting. Looking at these shots though makes me think I should dig it out and try it....
06-24-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent shots. I can see that Kiron lens is sharp and colorful. Love the Hollyhocks. The fly is just perfect. Freddy
06-25-2007, 05:36 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Great shots, I'm with you..I hate reading manuals. My wife got me a Pentax af-360fgz flash and the remote set up for it but I'm darned if I've figured out how to use it properly or when it would be of help to me in shooting. Looking at these shots though makes me think I should dig it out and try it....
Scott - thanks for the nice comment, and if you play around with macro shots, that flash can be one a tool you won't want to do without.

Hope you figure it out

06-25-2007, 05:40 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
Excellent shots. I can see that Kiron lens is sharp and colorful. Love the Hollyhocks. The fly is just perfect. Freddy
Thanks Freddy,

If being honest I did some PP on those shots. Standard sharpning and stuff but the exposure of the 2nd one was way of so I did some extra color adjustments on it.
It's not the lens that was to blame it was more me
06-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Really wonderful series of images.

Stephen
07-10-2007, 05:09 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Really wonderful series of images.

Stephen
Thanks Stephen

07-10-2007, 05:14 AM   #8
and
Veteran Member

Nice shots, very sharp. I like the 2nd one the best. The first one, altho the flowers look very nice, it has that high F pluss flash look, meaning the background is pitch black, which doesnt have to be bad but in that case try to center the object and/or minimize the amount of pitch black background imo.

I have a lumiquest softbox myself, altho not the mini one, I have the "regular" one. I use it on my af360 but for macro I find that its not optimal to have the flash on-camera because the light slightly overshoots the target. I dont really like the on-camera results. Were you using the sigma on-camera for these shots?
07-10-2007, 06:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rhermans Quote
The wireless functionality works but I guess it fires on the wrong moment. Might be me though I guess it's not.
There are several reports of correct wireless operation of the DG500 Super with the K10D on DPReview. Your flash (like mine) just needs to be firmware-upgraded by Sigma. They apparently do it free of charge.

PS.: Nice shots !