Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

A day in my life as a photographer... (lots of pics!)
Posted By: codiac2600, 06-24-2007, 01:25 PM

Well today I decided to give everyone an example of what I go through to get the pictures that I post on here and to just experiment a lot out in the field. This basically came about from reading posts from other forums about poor metering, strange happenings and of course the camera is just wrong all the time and wont take good pictures for me threads. So basically I shot around 400 pictures or so of various things, at different places and of course different conditions. All shots taken with the Pentax K10D in Av mode and aperture anywhere from f2.8 to f11 or so and with 3 different lenses; the Pentax FA 70-200mm, Tamron 28-75mm and the good ole Sigma 105mm macro. I'll try and post what lenses and such but I'm too lazy to dig for aperture and shutter speed because there will be just too many shots to go through. I went out hoping for one great shot and here is what I have to show for my hard work and great equipment.

Do not know what kind of flower or plant this is but it was real pretty

Some nice grass with a good background, great for bokeh

Some bugs having too much fun

Damsel Fly hanging out

He let me get closer after flying away

A fun dragonfly which was prolly my best shot IMHO

More bugs having fun

Some kind of moth

Crazy plant (please help me name this plant if you wouldn't mind)

Close up of a dragon fly

Dragonfly abstract

Another crazy plant (any ideas of what it is?)

Floating water... so spookey!

Thistle I do believe (please correct if I'm wrong)

Views: 3,438
06-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Chris, every time I look at your macro shots, I want to throw rocks at mine. Very well done, my friend.

Jer
Thanks Jer and don't be trowing rocks, it's hard enough trying to focus on bugs and now flying pebbles... thats just too difficult

I just wish I was in the league of 35mm_user, his macros rock and he has awesome borders to go with them... Oh how I was I spent more time in Photoshop, all I ever do is process and upload from ACR and thats all, but I guess if I wanted the look out of camera I would have bought a 5D instead of the 10D the whole 4 months ago that I went camera shopping. Still happier with the 10D let me tell you!

Macro IMHO takes more technique than anything else because after you've learned some steps and rinse and repeat it becomes so natural that those bugs just don't notice you anymore.

I think I know what I'm writing my blog about tonight! Thanks for the inspiration!