More vacation shots...random series
Posted By: HowLowCanYaGo, 06-24-2007, 06:53 PM

Views: 1,265
06-25-2007, 01:21 AM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
CR:
I think 3 and 4 had a lot of potential, in 3 you have got a really great moment with the bird creating a very interesting and prominent siluette, you have got the exposure and processing correct on this one, too bad the background is too cluttered, especially the pole just beind the bird is a bit disturbing. I really like the siluette of the bird and would have liked to se a less cluttered background that brought that out.

In 4 you have got some really cute kittens! How about a more close up shot.

In the spirit of focusing on the subjects, here is a link to an article from ron bigalows great site that I recommend, I read all of his articles, this one just happens to be about leaving out clutter:
The Art of Subtraction

I think your exposure is very good, just need to work on the composition a bit.

cheers
06-25-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
CR:

In the spirit of focusing on the subjects, here is a link to an article from ron bigalows great site that I recommend, I read all of his articles, this one just happens to be about leaving out clutter:
The Art of Subtraction

cheers
I do like #1 although the aura around the silhouetted figures is kind of odd but not terribly bad.

I find myself making the same mistakes as 'howlowcanyougo' that I try to include too much information in a photo. I recently had the 'pleasure' of sitting down and viewing over 700 snaps a friend took in Spain a while back. While each picture showed something all were basically very cluttered and showed very little in the end. It was a mind numbing experience.

That is an excellent article, I really got something out of it. Thanks for sharing.
06-25-2007, 05:31 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you And, also, for that link. Exactly the kind of stuff I need.

06-25-2007, 11:14 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments!