Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New Area
Lens: 14mm Camera: K20 Photo Location: Maple Ridge ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/8s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Jimbo, 01-23-2010, 02:06 PM

I think this could be a intesresting area depending on lighting. Sun rise is what I will be coming back for. JIM

Views: 2,154
01-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a grand location Jim.
#1 looks like a fantastic scene to revisit.
The ripple in the water adds to the picture quite nicely.
A beautiful picnic spot.
Thanks for sharing.
01-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

One more. JIM

QuoteQuote:
What a grand location Jim.
#1 looks like a fantastic scene to revisit.
The ripple in the water adds to the picture quite nicely.
A beautiful picnic spot.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Ash. I have a few more the process. The lighting was a little dark yet the sky was though to exposes correctly. Oh, I threw a rock in the water to create the ripple. JIM
01-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
JMR
Veteran Member

I detect a split filter in the first image. And I think the first would be stronger if all the rocks were included and not cropped. But nonetheless, these are beautiful images and the place you have found is breathtaking.

JMR

01-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I detect a split filter in the first image. And I think the first would be stronger if all the rocks were included and not cropped. But nonetheless, these are beautiful images and the place you have found is breathtaking.

JMR
You are right about the filter. It was getting a little too bright and the foreground was still too dark. I needed a little more blue to in the sky. I have some shots with move rock in them butr they are very large. [to the right of the first image] and I thought the rocks took over the shot. JIM
01-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Most excellent location Jimbo would like to see the first without a ripple but glorious location(MMMm did I mention that already)TFS artist at work

cheers
01-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Jimbo ... what lens are you using .... going on 14mm FL I am suspecting the DA14.
01-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Or maybe sigma 10-20

cheers

01-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #9
Veteran Member

This area has a lot of potential like you say about the dependance of the type of lighting.It would be interesting in seeing the same fantastic images you have taken with a variety of lighting from the different stages of the day.
01-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #10
Veteran Member

wonderful sets! l really like the idea of rippling the water in the first shot too ^^
01-24-2010, 03:18 AM   #11
Veteran Member

WOW...I'm dubstruck with the beauty of it all! They are all beautiful but #1 is just breathtaking...how do you do it?
01-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It looks as if you've found a new "hunting ground", buddy. The first one is marvelous - all are great.

Jer
01-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I am in and out of this forum but I am alwasy blown away when I return to see the works of the people here. Jim your are always ones I look for. Great series !!
01-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Most excellent location Jimbo would like to see the first without a ripple but glorious location(MMMm did I mention that already)TFS artist at work

cheers
Very much appreciated Cupic. I had a few without the ripple but deleted them. Sorry bud. There will be others. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Barnster This area has a lot of potential like you say about the dependance of the type of lighting.It would be interesting in seeing the same fantastic images you have taken with a variety of lighting from the different stages of the day.
I may camp here to get the early morning light. There si a gate to the park and it doesn't open until 8:00 AM, in the winter, meaning I will miss the sun rise. The mountains are facing east too. JIM

QuoteQuote:
joodiespost wonderful sets! l really like the idea of rippling the water in the first shot too ^^
Thank you for looking and commenting. JIM

QuoteQuote:
PentX Girl WOW...I'm dubstruck with the beauty of it all! They are all beautiful but #1 is just breathtaking...how do you do it?
Thank you Jan. Always appreciate you commenting. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Sailor It looks as if you've found a new "hunting ground", buddy. The first one is marvelous - all are great.

Jer
Thanks Jer .I knew it was there but its tough to get to over the winter. [usually closed due to snow] Cheers JIM

QuoteQuote:
vievetrick I am in and out of this forum but I am alwasy blown away when I return to see the works of the people here. Jim your are always ones I look for. Great series !!
I am honor Pat. Thank you. JIM
01-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice new area Jim, I am a bit jealous!

Beautiful pictures again, I especially like the first one