Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
West coast of ireland
Lens: 18-55 Camera: K10d Photo Location: Ireland 
Posted By: nirvanaguy19, 01-24-2010, 10:54 PM

Finally processed some of my pictures from my trip to ireland. What a wonderful country

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 2,030
01-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nirvanaguy19 Quote
Finally processed some of my pictures from my trip to ireland. What a wonderful country
Very true in many ways, but ask anyone over here and they'll tell you different. Drives me nuts!

Looking forward to seeing some more from your trip, can't place where this one was taken though, however, you have made the best of the crystal quality of the Atlantic air and framed it all very nicely. After a storm there is often light and clarity to die for and combined with the scenery it's a photographers delight. (It really does look as clean as the photo folks)

BTW, our neighbouring village is the current holder of the Ireland's Tidiest Town contest- Emly, Co Tipperary (Taken on the Mamiya.)

Justin.

Last edited by justinr; 01-25-2010 at 10:55 AM.
01-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Nice view. You might want to de-saturate it a little and also straighten it.
01-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice view. You might want to de-saturate it a little and also straighten it.
I'd beg to differ there if I may. At times the natural colours of the west coast are almost unbearably saturated, it really needs seeing to be believed especially after a late summer or autumn storm, the greens in particular can hurt your eyes and to see the white breakers set off against the purest imaginable blue as you drive up towards Donegal from Sligo is something never to be forgotten.

Justin.

01-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love Ireland. Is this near Doolin?
01-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
juu
Veteran Member

Nice picture.

This does look a bit oversaturated, even for Ireland. Not necessarily the greens, but the blue sea.

It also needs straightening, as it looks like the tower of Pisa.

I'd also look into cropping a bit from right/bottom to bring the shack slightly more into a traditional corner position. You lose some of the interesting clouds that way, unfortunately.

Last edited by juu; 01-26-2010 at 02:48 PM.
01-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
tis the emerald isle... beautiful vista...
01-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by justinr Quote
I'd beg to differ there if I may. At times the natural colours of the west coast are almost unbearably saturated,
I don't doubt that but in the case of this picture it is due to digital not natural saturation.
You can see it in the sea, the top of the tower, the clouds, the abrupt transitions in the blues of the sky and by the darkening in the corners.

01-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Here's one of Ballyvaughan, where the colours are reasonably rich

And here's one of Doolin itself during a bit of a storm. The place is very popular with folk who just come and watch the waves.

Bth were taken with a errr... Canon, before I came to my senses and one of the reasons I disliked the 30D was its lack of 'punch' when it came to colour.

The only problem I see with the original picture of Nivanaguy19's is that it has a little too much Magenta in it. Cleaning the channels with 'Selective Colours' will no doubt help with that and perhaps a little straighteing as well, but it's not the worse we've seen here by far.

Ok, having looked at it again and compared with mine the original's may be a bit too 'technicolour' but the depth of the colours is not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

Justin.

Last edited by justinr; 01-26-2010 at 03:25 PM.
01-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Ireland is one beautiful emerald jewel! Thanks for sharing it with us
01-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by justinr Quote

Ok, having looked at it again and compared with mine the original's may be a bit too 'technicolour' but the depth of the colours is not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

Justin.
If you say so.
01-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Don't just take my word for it try the following download (not my photos) or come and have a look for yourself.

Ireland

Justin.

Last edited by justinr; 01-27-2010 at 08:47 AM.