Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few panos from my trip! (wide post)
Posted By: mikerigel, 06-27-2007, 06:54 PM

I just finished putting my panos together, here's a selection.
All taken during my trip to California.

Yosemite park with Tamron 28-75mm.

San Francisco with Tamron 28-75mm

San Clemente pier with Sigma 10-20mm

San Clemente beach with Tamron 28-75mm

C&C welcome.
Views: 2,150
06-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

A visual feast Mike

For #1, I think it would be an eye popper if the exposure was brought down just a tad? Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Marc
06-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
For #1, I think it would be an eye popper if the exposure was brought down just a tad? Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Marc
Hi Marc, I could try that. Does it look blown out to you ? I'm just on my laptop and it looks fine but I don't know how accurate my screen is... Let me know.
Thanks!
06-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #4

I especially like #3: that's a cool use of pano and wide angle- it really pulls in the viewer.

John

06-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #5

I especially like the Yosemite shot as my wife and I enjoy hiking/day packing. Thanks for sharing.
06-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikerigel Quote
Hi Marc, I could try that. Does it look blown out to you ? I'm just on my laptop and it looks fine but I don't know how accurate my screen is... Let me know.
Thanks!
Nice panos! I like the San Clemente Pier shot. How do people get out to places like this?

I really like the first shot as well. To expand on Marc's comment. My quick and dirty solution, I'd use a graduated tint in Picasa just to pull out more contrast in the rock face and to bring more blue out in the sky. That way you can keep the green which is very rich. Hope you don't mind this. I've posted the change and a quick screen cap of what was done. After shot is the top picture with original for comparison.
Attached Images

06-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Those are all excellent shots. I was just in Yosemite myself about 2 weeks ago, but I did not go into Yosemite Valley. You certainly got a great pano of the valley. Well done.
06-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I like the first shot the best - a great view. I can sense the fresh air coming out of the photograph

06-28-2007, 05:08 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Nice panos! I like the San Clemente Pier shot. How do people get out to places like this?

I really like the first shot as well. To expand on Marc's comment. My quick and dirty solution, I'd use a graduated tint in Picasa just to pull out more contrast in the rock face and to bring more blue out in the sky. That way you can keep the green which is very rich. Hope you don't mind this. I've posted the change and a quick screen cap of what was done. After shot is the top picture with original for comparison.

Thanks Alvin! I agree the shot looks better with more contrast.. the problem is that's how it looks when I open the photo in photoshop, but once I put it on the web, the colors are more flat.... I need to find a good way to calibrate my macbook pro so it looks the same in a web browser too.. if anyone wants to helps, don't hesitate!!
06-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote

yeah that really did the trick! Youve got a great shot there
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They rock!

I like the San Fran one the most, but they are all very close

thanks for sharing

randy