Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

I am back... loads of pictures
Posted By: Duplo, 06-28-2007, 05:38 AM

I have not shown my ugly face here for quite a while... a 10 days vacation in the US have been on my hands and now I am finally through a good deal of all the pictures and ready to tell a lot more so here goes:

Our original vacation plans were screwed up by my work only two weeks before we were about to leave, which meant no rockies and only ten days to do with... well we did have a darn great vacation anyhow

Part 1: LBA, CBA and FBA
Part 2: New York City
Part 3: Washington DC
Part 4: Shenandoah National Park
Part 5: a surprise

The big question is how many of you will actually make it through all of these posts

Now here goes...
Views: 1,950
06-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #16
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
oh, btw was any of those taken with the DA14? am sitting on the fence about one of those...

updated: Ah ok I noticed you had exifs so I checked myself, no DA14 huh. Poor little thing didnt get used that much I guess..

Last edited by and; 06-28-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: checked the exif myself
06-29-2007, 12:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
Wow - thanks for sharing your wonderful shots - I've always had a fascination for NYC as well - and everything else was gorgeous too.

I think the most striking photo to me though is the long exposure during the thunderstorm at dusk - nicely done!
WEll you managed to pick out another of my favourite shots and one of the shots where the weather seals really did me good
Thank you for complimenting it and you are right, NYC is an amazing city.

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
oh, btw was any of those taken with the DA14? am sitting on the fence about one of those...

updated: Ah ok I noticed you had exifs so I checked myself, no DA14 huh. Poor little thing didnt get used that much I guess..
It was left at home... that is why it did not see much use... it was either the 14 or the 21, I did miss it on a few occations... but I would have missed the 21 even more...

Even though it do not see as much use as the DA21 or FA43 it is on of the lenses that I use a lot. When not travelling I largely work with either two or 3 les kits.

Here is a couple of pairs:
DA14 and FA31 (wide normal duo)
DA21 and FA43 (standard du0)
FA31 and DA70 (normal long duo)
FA31 and FA43 (low light duo)

trios:
DA14, FA31, DA70
DA21, FA43, DA70 ( current standard kit)
DA21, FA31, FA43

Go buy one... it is a very nice prime
Here is a gallery full of DA14 pictures: click here
07-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Well if anyone needs help in Bmore/Maryland area, or some quick trip ideas in the area PM me. I helped Thomas, and seams to have worked

And to Thomas, the best pic is the very first one with the DS lol
I will post the one of you2 in Bmore and of all of us later when I finally download my WP30
07-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
Well if anyone needs help in Bmore/Maryland area, or some quick trip ideas in the area PM me. I helped Thomas, and seams to have worked

And to Thomas, the best pic is the very first one with the DS lol
I will post the one of you2 in Bmore and of all of us later when I finally download my WP30
You were a great help, both you and Mike

Yep I knew you would say that

I will be looking forward to that, I already have the one you took with my K10D.
I even have the one of all four of us, somewhere, truly not a very good picture...

Take care man

07-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Duplo,
Ah ha... so we thought we were free of LBA did we? Looks like you have a bigger problem on your hands though with your "photogs asistant" developing a taste for things Pentax...perhaps it may be safer now to decide which one to let go...the 43 or the 31..?? Lovely lady btw, and it has not gone un noticed that you have chosen NOT to introduce her to us all.

Great series of photos too, looks as though you had a great trip.
07-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
Hi Duplo,
Ah ha... so we thought we were free of LBA did we? Looks like you have a bigger problem on your hands though with your "photogs asistant" developing a taste for things Pentax...perhaps it may be safer now to decide which one to let go...the 43 or the 31..?? Lovely lady btw, and it has not gone un noticed that you have chosen NOT to introduce her to us all.

Great series of photos too, looks as though you had a great trip.
Grant,

The FA31ltd was not an LBA thingy... I really needed to test out that lens

Well my "photo assistant" is definitely dangerous news.
I have found a solution though:
Snp up a second DA21ltd (the latest Zeiss news might cool that a bit though) and either another DA70 or FA77 and let her use the DS + DA pancakes and keep the rest for me
It is not a huge problem, just means I have to spend a little more on gear this year than I had originally planned for.
Either way the 43 and 31 are going to stay

I will pass on your kind compliment to her.
To my own defense I have told her that she should consider joining up here...
the rest is up to her

Thanks for liking my photos too... It was a wonderful trip indeed.