Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Snowmageddon
Camera: K-7 
Posted By: mel, 02-07-2010, 12:05 PM

We got dumped on as I'm sure most in the states have heard by now. Actually we got dumped on AGAIN. For this part of the country, once is rare. Twice in one season is unheard of. And they are forecasting more for Tues and Weds. We lost power Saturday afternoon until late morning today. We live out in the sticks and are on a well. No power means no water for us. It was a looooonnnnngggg cold night.

So here's a few from yesterday. I have a kapillion shots to share but I'll spare you all. Some from today will come in a bit but are up on my flickr for those of you that are just dying to see them (lol). Mostly snapshotty/documenting the event type of stuff. In spite of the overkill, I still love snow.

She loved to burrow a bit in the snow, then flip it up and make it fly. No we weren't throwing it at her.

Near whiteout.

Same view later on.

Storm breaking up toward sunset.

Today is sunny and cold.
Views: 2,121
02-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks, Mel. These shots (and your story), which revive my memories of living in Ohio and Michigan, remind me to stop complaining about cloudy days with highs not reaching the '50's.

Jer
02-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Nice set of images! We have the Olympics, you have the snow. How does this make sense? ;-)

Cypress Mtn here is holding some of the Olympics events. They are making the mogul runs out of hay bales and carting in snow from other mountains. Thats how bad it is here.
02-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Wow Mel...all we got in North Carolina was ice...I'd rather have snow Your Chocolate Lab sure looks like it's having fun! My Lab would love it too TFS

02-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Thanks, Mel. These shots (and your story), which revive my memories of living in Ohio and Michigan, remind me to stop complaining about cloudy days with highs not reaching the '50's.

Jer
Anytime Jer. Anytime. And to make you feel even better we're supposed to be down into teens or single digits (because we're away from the city) tonight. Bet that makes you feel even better huh.

QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
Nice set of images! We have the Olympics, you have the snow. How does this make sense? ;-)

Cypress Mtn here is holding some of the Olympics events. They are making the mogul runs out of hay bales and carting in snow from other mountains. Thats how bad it is here.
Totally crazy. Moguls from hay bales? That kinda really sucks.

QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
Wow Mel...all we got in North Carolina was ice...I'd rather have snow Your Chocolate Lab sure looks like it's having fun! My Lab would love it too TFS
The labs do love the snow don't they?

Thanks all for the comments and for looking.
02-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Export some of that white stuff to Vancouver as the white stuff thinning out great to see a part of your wonderland Mel

cheers
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!!! I have a lot of friends in the Seattle area still (south Vancouver) and it seems they were innundated with snow last year while my winter was mild with hardly a flake. This year we've flip-flopped. It's terrible that a place that is known for some of the best winter sports conditions anywhere is having such a terrible winter for that at a time when it matters so much.

02-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Nice shots and to think all you southerners are hogging all the snow this year. On second thought enjoy it, I am enjoying not shoveling myself.
02-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #9
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Scott. On the upside, shoveling massive quanitities of snow is a most excellent way to keep warm when one has no power inside the home .
02-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Nice pictures. I like the drama in the sky, in the last pic. The second on the dog is also very nice!
02-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Nice pictures. I like the drama in the sky, in the last pic. The second on the dog is also very nice!
Thanks!! That dog just loves the snow.