Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Coastal B&W
Lens: 18-55 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Oregon Coast 
Posted By: nate_b, 02-12-2010, 01:47 AM

I surprised my wife today with a spontaneous trip to our favorite location on the Oregon Coast - Cannon Beach. It was a much welcome break from kids and work, to say the least. I made a conscious decision to holster the K-x for all but 5 minutes of the trip, so I only came away with a few serviceable shots. While my wife, no doubt, appreciated that my focus was on her rather than photography, I was physically pained to miss out on a number of fantastic photo opportunities that presented themselves throughout the day.

That being said, I present you with the following "pull over" shots from our drive home. I literally pulled off the road, snapped a few, and got back in the car. Better than nothing, I guess! Thanks for looking.

Views: 1,593
02-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

A different take on coastal shots that I'm used to, I really like number 1 - nicely composed family action, you can really feel the wind from the shot. I also like the bleak winter feel - hats and scarves instead of bikinis and shorts!
02-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like these, particularly the last one. As Big G says, they give you a different perspective on the feeling of a beach.

Jer
02-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice scenes, I like them - particularly #3. cheers

02-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Big G Quote
A different take on coastal shots that I'm used to, I really like number 1 - nicely composed family action, you can really feel the wind from the shot. I also like the bleak winter feel - hats and scarves instead of bikinis and shorts!
Thanks for the kind remarks, Big G. The first is my favorite, as well, and I tried to bring out that bleak winter feel you mention via the B&W conversion. Glad to hear it evoked those feelings for you. Regarding this series being a different take than what you're used to, I'm sure the main difference is that the quality is nowhere near what you're used to. I had chance to look at your gallery, and you do some marvelous work.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I like these, particularly the last one. As Big G says, they give you a different perspective on the feeling of a beach.

Jer
Thanks, Jer. I always appreciate your comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Nice scenes, I like them - particularly #3. cheers
Thanks, goddo!
02-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You done good, that is real good photography especially for "pull over shots" a scenario which I am very familiar with. I love the second one.
02-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
You done good, that is real good photography especially for "pull over shots" a scenario which I am very familiar with. I love the second one.
Thanks, Heinrich. I appreciate the kind words. Good to know I'm not the only one relegated to "pull over shots" from time to time

02-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice series...I'm a real fan of B&W