Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Perth Mint
Lens: 35mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: Perth city, AU 
Posted By: goddo31, 02-12-2010, 07:30 AM

Last week I found myself in the city, managed to snap a few things when I had some spare time. Even though I live in Perth, I rarely ever go into the city/CBD itself, in some ways it's a different side of Perth than I am used to.
Here are a couple of photos from the Perth Mint.

C&C welcome. cheers,
Views: 1,231
02-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jason, with architecture shots, unless there is some arty-farty reason not to, I prefer to see them upright & corrected for perspective.

Take your last shot.

1. I think it would look better if you rotated it on its centre-point to get the the vertical mid-line straight up and down.

2. Then, if you have a program that allows you to correct the perspective distortion that is caused by looking up at a building, try that. (There are times when perspective distortion may help with conveying scale, this this is not needed here.)

Correcting perspective distortion reduces the resolution at the top of the picture if you are looking up, or visa versa if looking down, but this reduction is usually acceptable.

Here's a link to an example of perspective distortion correction in The GIMP.

I don't know if the first shot, with the close bars, would work with correction.

BTW, I like the subject and the colours you've captured in your shots.

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 02-12-2010 at 02:42 PM.
02-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
Jason, with architecture shots, unless there is some arty-farty reason not to, I prefer to see them upright & corrected for perspective.

Take your last shot.

1. I think it would look better if you rotated it on its centre-point to get the the vertical mid-line straight up and down.

2. Then, if you have a program that allows you to correct the perspective distortion that is caused by looking up at a building, try that. (There are times when perspective distortion may help with conveying scale, this this is not needed here.)

Correcting perspective distortion reduces the resolution at the top of the picture if you are looking up, or visa versa if looking down, but this reduction is usually acceptable.

Here's a link to an example of perspective distortion correction in The GIMP.

I don't know if the first shot, with the close bars, would work with correction.

BTW, I like the subject and the colours you've captured in your shots.

Dan.

Thanks for the feedback dan, appreciate it. I'll have a look at that when I can. cheers.