Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12 inches of snow...DFW, Texas
Camera: Ist-ds ISO: 200 
Posted By: forensicscientist, 02-12-2010, 03:07 PM

Not meant to be a high quality photo, just a quick shot to show that even our trees down here are not used to getting this kind of snowfall!

We had a record breaking 12 inches in just 24 hours.....while not much compared to you folks in the Northeastern portion of the US, down here in Texas, this is simply unheard of weather.....

Attached Images

Views: 3,146
02-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow does not begin to express the proper awe for that much snow in DFW. This damned global warming is a bitch ain't it?

note: its meant to be sarcasm, please don't bombard me with global warming facts and science.
02-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Holy Cow - we got some sleet down here in coastal Texas . . . . . but nothing like this. Suits me, I had plenty of snow experience living all those years in Ohio and Michigan.

Jer
02-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
Inactive Account

We have that much snow from the end of November straight through to April, but if you aren't used to it - it can be devastating.

c[_]

02-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here's one of my neighbors shoveling his driveway! He moved here 15+ years ago and kept his snow shovel all these years.....he was the ONLY one around here with a real shovel. The rest of us borrowed his, or used whatever we could to clear our drives....no one even sells a real snow shovel down this way.....
Attached Images