Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rokinon 8MM Snowscape
Lens: 8MM Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Rupert, 02-12-2010, 09:30 PM

I got this little Rokinon for my Birthday a little while back, and have had a lot of fun with it and even a few shots that were usable for landscapes etc.
We don't normally have snow here, so when we got a heavy snow last night and my wife left for work this morning...I stepped out in the road and shot a few around the house.
I think it did a fair job without too much noticeable distortion on this one, and I liked the way it captured the clouds. Very true to what I saw.

Here are a few more Rokinon 8mm shots if you are interested.....it is a fun lens, and the price is sure right!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35763648@N05/sets/72157622813039379/

Regards!

Views: 2,784
02-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Very nice! Good photo from a nice lens!
02-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Great shot makes me want to walk right into the picture
02-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rupert, that is a very nice image and I had a look at the rest of them on flicker..... now I have to justify buying another lens...should not be too hard since I don't have a FE.....

02-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Guys/Girls! I got this on impulse for my birthday and got some of those Christmas bargains from Bing and Paypal and ended up paying about $186., if I remember correctly. It is just a fun lens, and I am impressed with the build quality and function. Some shots are simply fun, but others can take on a more serious nature if you are careful in your shooting and use some available correction. I would give it a "Highly Recommended" if you like a little fun once in a while and if you are a "Z"owner as I am, you will certainly find this equal or better for that purpose.
Regards!