Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics - Downtown scenes
Lens: 35mm Camera: K-x 
Posted By: ajuett, 02-14-2010, 06:11 PM

I said I'd never venture downtown during the Olympics. Never say never. I'm not a street shooter but I think maybe a few shots are ok. All are here; Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Photo Gallery by ajuett at pbase.com and a few here:

All were taken with the A 35mm f/2.8

Views: 2,137
02-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Neat stuff. What a beautiful city - wish I could be there (after the Olympics).

Jer
02-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Neat stuff. What a beautiful city - wish I could be there (after the Olympics).

Jer
Thanks Jer, and I agree, I can't wait for them to be over.

Over-priced tickets and pro athletes don't belong in the Olympics as far as I'm concerned. Give it back to the amateurs and let the tickets come down to an affordable rate.
02-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The games are here whether or not you approved of them , might as well ditch the grumpy pants and enjoy yourself for the 2 week party!

And if we didn't have sponsorships (AKA pro athletes, Canada wouldn't have a hope at medalling in anything) I've had the pleasure of meeting a few Team Canada athletes who train 6 days a week, work part time, and what team Canada kicks in to help is nice... but doesn't pay the bills!!!

Thirdly I got tickets for Snowboard Cross for 50 bucks, I can't say thats very expensive at all

02-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cb750r Quote
The games are here whether or not you approved of them , might as well ditch the grumpy pants and enjoy yourself for the 2 week party!
Just voicing my opinion, I'm not as grumpy as the "real" protesters.

And if we didn't have sponsorships (AKA pro athletes, Canada wouldn't have a hope at medalling in anything) I've had the pleasure of meeting a few Team Canada athletes who train 6 days a week, work part time, and what team Canada kicks in to help is nice... but doesn't pay the bills!!!

When huge corporations get involved anything can get expensive. Everyone gouges and the end result is inflated cost.

Thirdly I got tickets for Snowboard Cross for 50 bucks, I can't say thats very expensive at all
Good job. Try buying Hockey tickets or what about the $500-1000 opening ticket prices? Really, it isn't worth that amount.
02-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Don't get me wrong here, I do like the atomsphere and the kids loved downtown even though it was busy. Maybe I sounded bitter, my apoligies if so. What really got me was the protesters who stopped the scene near Victoria Dr. Families, kids, etc were really disappointed that they didnt get to see the event.
02-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey I hear ya, I had my tickets cancelled for todays events so now its my turn to put the grumpy pants on!! Grrr

I'm hoping to get down wed night and shoot some more, sound like clear skies on the horizon!