Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Anderson Gardens (Oriental Garden)
Posted By: codiac2600, 07-02-2007, 01:03 PM

Decided to venture outside my bubble of bugs and such and it was a nice change of pace. I think I need a lot of work taking landscape shots and would love to hear some helpful tips if you have any so feel free to drop a note and always C&C is welcome.

Anderson Gardens is an oriental garden here in town thats had a lot of work done do it over the fall and spring and it was my first time back in over 5 years. Spent about 2 hours at the park with my girlfriend and snapped a lot of shots, but the harsh sun made for difficult shooting and I didn't have any filters... not like I know how and when to use them, but I believe a polarizer or ND filter would have helped.

Views: 2,225
07-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #2

Nice series Chris. I especially like the second waterfall shot.

And number 5!
07-02-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Inactive Account

ND filter would have been good for numbers 5 & 8. You could use it upsidedown for number 5 & right way up in number 8. Both an ND filter or 3 (different stops) and a circular polarisor are the 2 most needed filters for digital landscapes because you can't PP what they can do. I really needed an ND Filter in New Zealand when I was there because the difference in exposure between the snow on the mountains and the landscape was often to much D-Range for the camera. Waterfall photos look really nice when a ND Filter is used. You did a good job getting the best average exposure though.

Tim H
07-04-2007, 05:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barendvl Quote
Nice series Chris. I especially like the second waterfall shot.

And number 5!
Thank you and I do love the waterfall shots myself.. couldn't help but take tons of different shots.

QuoteOriginally posted by Timbuctoo Quote
ND filter would have been good for numbers 5 & 8. You could use it upsidedown for number 5 & right way up in number 8. Both an ND filter or 3 (different stops) and a circular polarisor are the 2 most needed filters for digital landscapes because you can't PP what they can do. I really needed an ND Filter in New Zealand when I was there because the difference in exposure between the snow on the mountains and the landscape was often to much D-Range for the camera. Waterfall photos look really nice when a ND Filter is used. You did a good job getting the best average exposure though.

Tim H
Thanks for the info Tim and I'm going to start putting some cash away for a cokin ND filter set and I do have a matching set of circular polarizers and will thrown them in the bag with me.