Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Life in the burbs
Lens: 55mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: My Street 
Posted By: fractal, 02-18-2010, 02:19 AM

Kudos to these kids who spend their late afternoons relentlessly doing tricks on skateboards, scooters & BMXs. Most kids are glued to the net/telly after school. Or, adults for that matter

Literally walked out of the front gate to take these. I showed the young one his photo and he said 'Sick bro! You should team up with my mum.. she has a Canon and lots of mad lenses'. Haha. That was well worth a laugh.

Views: 1,723
02-18-2010, 02:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I think its always great to give younger generations some recognition. Nice pics too!
02-18-2010, 02:40 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks a lot Phil.
02-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots mate, I'm amazed at the air he's got in #2. Reminds me I need to go down to my local skate park sometime for some shots. Plenty of graffiti there too.

Just something to note IMO, I feel that the vignette or darkening on the edges is a bit too distracting, particularly number 1.

cheers,

02-18-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good street shots for sure.

And the situation seems to be the same here - you rarely see kids out playing like in my day (when - according to my Dad - we "roved like wolfpacks"). Part of this may be due to all of the organized, extracurricular stuff available today, but I think you're right - TV and computer games play a big role.

Anyway - good to see these guys having fun.

Jer
02-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #6

Nice work on the mono conversion - it works well with these.
02-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Nice shots mate, I'm amazed at the air he's got in #2. Reminds me I need to go down to my local skate park sometime for some shots. Plenty of graffiti there too.

Just something to note IMO, I feel that the vignette or darkening on the edges is a bit too distracting, particularly number 1.
Thanks for the compliments & critique. I do get a bit moody when post processing on occasions. The little tacker did manage to get some good air though!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Good street shots for sure.

And the situation seems to be the same here - you rarely see kids out playing like in my day (when - according to my Dad - we "roved like wolfpacks"). Part of this may be due to all of the organized, extracurricular stuff available today, but I think you're right - TV and computer games play a big role.

Anyway - good to see these guys having fun.
Thanks a lot Jer. Kids need to get out and play more these days. Although, TV is getting more cunning with its techniques to lure kids & adolescents in.

QuoteOriginally posted by MattC Quote
Nice work on the mono conversion - it works well with these.
Thanks Matt.