Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A stroll through Forest Park
Posted By: hamidlmt, 07-03-2007, 12:50 AM

I had never been to Forest Park before... it's located in NW Portland, Oregon. I used the K10D with the FA 31mm 1.8 Limited and the FA 50mm 1.4. I also used the *ist DS with the DA 14mm 2.8. For much of the shoot I carried around both cameras around my neck... a first for me. I must say... I need one of the camera straps to be longer! Clunk clunk!

Oh, did I mention Kyra came along? It was our first time working together and we both had a lot of fun!

You can see the entire series here: Hamid Shibata Bennett's photos - powered by SmugMug

From the K10D and 31mm 1.8 Limited...

From the *ist DS and 14mm 2.8

From the K10D and 50mm 1.4

Views: 3,406
07-03-2007, 06:15 AM   #2

Hamid - great shoot. The second to last in the post is my favorite. Oregon is a beautiful place and you have the talent to capture it. Great stuff.
07-03-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Excellent work Hamid.

I like your portraits and what you do with it.

2nd and 6th stands out to me, but they are all very nice.
07-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you both... this was a challenging shoot for me, trying to adapt to Kyra's rhythm as well as the uneven lighting of a forest setting.

Since you both liked that log shot, here's a bonus one taken close to the same time, again with the 50mm... she was ribbing me for not getting up on the log with her as I was stumbling around in the creek below LOL!

07-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #5

It seems to me that your 50mm is not as sharp as the 31 limited?
Or did you made it softer?

Guido
07-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Geyst Quote
It seems to me that your 50mm is not as sharp as the 31 limited?
Or did you made it softer?

Guido
Yes... the 50 is a great lens, but the 31 is simply amazing. The shots with both the 31 and 50 were taken at f/2. Maybe a few were at f/2.2. Sharpness isn't a big concern of mine with this type of photography and usually shoot wide open or close to it.
07-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
Thank you both... this was a challenging shoot for me, trying to adapt to Kyra's rhythm as well as the uneven lighting of a forest setting.

Since you both liked that log shot, here's a bonus one taken close to the same time, again with the 50mm... she was ribbing me for not getting up on the log with her as I was stumbling around in the creek below LOL!

Another wonderful shot.

Gymnastically speaking an incorrect pose though placing her hand differently on her right leg (grabbing the heel with her arm in front of the leg) would allow her to raise it a lot further and avoid the slight flex in her knee...

Good work.

07-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote
Another wonderful shot.

Gymnastically speaking an incorrect pose though placing her hand differently on her right leg (grabbing the heel with her arm in front of the leg) would allow her to raise it a lot further and avoid the slight flex in her knee...

Good work.
All I know is... if it were me up on that log, I would have pulled a hamstring and fallen on my head!
07-04-2007, 05:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Grrrr... those are too wonderful! I wish I had the opportunity to take shots out in the woods like that and heck you pulled them off wonderfully. 2, 5 and 6 are my favorites for many reasons... composition, color, mood, lighting, everything! Just great stuff from you once again sir and please do go out and shoot some more.