Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
first dslr pics
Posted By: dima, 07-03-2007, 07:45 PM

i was using a film camera for a couple of months but i was limited in taking pics so i didnt learn it too well. it made me fall in love with photography! I convinced my dad to get me a dslr for my 17th bday coming up.. did some research and my old lenses fit this camera and i really liked its reviews and features so i got a k10D =) over the rebel and the d40. had the k10D for less than a week but i been playing with the camera 24/7 learning the manual. Tell me what you guys think about my first weeks pics.. anything i should do to improve my pictures? thanks in advance for your opinions

Views: 1,748
07-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Brian welcome! I really like the shots of the fountain, the bakery, "braces" and the tree bark, you don't have to do anything with those. Great shots.
Some of the others: yellow porsche(?) It's a bit too bright behind the car, takes away from the car, I'd try to crop that out as much as possible, or use something like Photoshops "Shadows/highlights" to lessen the difference between the light and dark areas in the shot
First "supreme" great shot but a bit underexposed, lighten it up a bit in PP and it will be really good.
Second "supreme" is a bit out of focus, I would have tried to get the eyes under the hat into sharp focus
"laughing glasses" see my comments above about the porsche, same problem
For first shots they all are quite good. I would have never been able to show ANY of my first shots! Believe me you are doing very well indeed.

NaCl(thanks for sharing! and keep shooting)H2O
07-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Try some fill flash or a reflector for under the hat. Be carefull of flare in the lens, try blocking the sun with your hand to reduce flare unless you want it there. Same goes for the Porshe. Looks like you're doing well.

Tim H
07-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I really like the staircase shot ... and the last tree shot as well.
Nice first series of photos (better than mine that's for sure).

Get out there and keep snapping away ... and have fun .... that's the main thing.
I'll be out and about tomorrow with the camera .... and will be making sure I have fun with the new toy.