Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2nd time getting my DA*16-50 back
Camera: K20D Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: DuckysDoll, 02-22-2010, 01:33 PM

1st time I sent in my lens was for possible fringing. It took a month to get back, with them finding no fringing. LOL BUT, they were "kind" enough to tighten my lens for me even though it was in brand new condition. They tightened it to the EXTREME! Which through off my focus.

So, back it went. A month and a half later, they fixed it and sent it back. It seems ok now, and this was the result of my testing. I would say it is FINALLY fixed!

=)

I hardly EVER shoot at 2.8, but was thrilled with the result. Thank goodness my boy stands like a statue for me now! LOL

Views: 1,848
02-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Yep, i'd say it's fixed. I would love to own this lens but i'm a little worried with so many reports of malfunction.

The first shot is an excellent portrait. The eyes are perfect. Well done.
02-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ohhh trust me, I know how you feel! It was my MAIN doubt when I got it. Sure enough, it has been my only lens that has gone in. Mind you, I was not *sure* about the fringing, but to be safe, sent it in anyway. THAT is how I came to the second issue. They tightened it SO much it was hard to move.
I KNOW how much potential it has, and for the price, I want PERFECT, not just ok! LOL