Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Canyonlands NP, Utah
Posted By: Bob Harris, 02-23-2010, 09:44 PM

A few photos on our fulltime travels throughout the USA.

Attached Images

Last edited by Bob Harris; 09-20-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Views: 3,280
09-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A visitor's center?! Holy Cow, I'm feeling old. When I took that picture (it was in '81 or '82) there was no sign of man. We literally drove up an old dirt road. Actually, it was more like a sand road. Our van got stuck in the sand just a little bit further up from where that picture was taken, right on the edge of the precipice. It didn't make us feel much better when we saw the old wrecks of a couple of cars at the bottom. Luckily, there were about seven of us and we got the van out of the sand. No cell phones then to call for help. :-)

09-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote
A visitor's center?! Holy Cow, I'm feeling old. When I took that picture (it was in '81 or '82) there was no sign of man. We literally drove up an old dirt road. Actually, it was more like a sand road. Our van got stuck in the sand just a little bit further up from where that picture was taken, right on the edge of the precipice. It didn't make us feel much better when we saw the old wrecks of a couple of cars at the bottom. Luckily, there were about seven of us and we got the van out of the sand. No cell phones then to call for help. :-)
You will have to make another trip out there one of these days, they even have paved roads. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it might have been more difficult then, but it was so much more fun and memorable. Bob