Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Na-Pali Coast
Lens: 50mm Camera: Program Plus Photo Location: Na-Pali Coast, HI ISO: 100 
Posted By: ThorThum, 02-27-2010, 07:07 PM

I just dug this one up, a scan from Hawaii, on the Kalalau Trail on the Na-Pali Coast. PPd with Noise Ninja.

Views: 2,042
02-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm guessing winter because the sun is so low. The film - scan - NR - processing adds to the painting-like quality. I like it.
02-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wade, I admire the graded misty effect between each fold of the mountain in this capture. Certainly too much uncontrolled flare, and as a result of overexposure the image is too harsh, but otherwise a pleasant landscape.
02-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It does have a very artistic effect.

03-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I'm guessing winter because the sun is so low. The film - scan - NR - processing adds to the painting-like quality. I like it.
It was November, just after Thanksgiving, but before the whales arrive to give birth. Thanks! The film-scan-NR work flow actually improved the photo from the original print.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Wade, I admire the graded misty effect between each fold of the mountain in this capture. Certainly too much uncontrolled flare, and as a result of overexposure the image is too harsh, but otherwise a pleasant landscape.
Yeah, the sun was actually out of view toward the upper left. It was the heavy mist-cloud reflected that blew out that area of the frame. Thanks for looking, and glad you're back!

QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
It does have a very artistic effect.
Thanks, I have to get back some time with my DSLR. Scanning prints isn't my favorite. Who knows where the negatives have gotten to....At least I have the memories to go with it.
03-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #6

how far in on the trail is this? I will be there in early June, and hope to hike the two miles to the first beach and than the 2miles inland to the waterfall.. If it weren't for my honeymoon, I would try and get the woman to hike the full 11miles with me!
03-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

has an almost watercolor effect.... thanks for sharing, dave m

03-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jdiritto Quote
how far in on the trail is this? I will be there in early June, and hope to hike the two miles to the first beach and than the 2miles inland to the waterfall.. If it weren't for my honeymoon, I would try and get the woman to hike the full 11miles with me!
I hiked exactly what you are planning to hike 15 years ago on my honeymoon. It was an amazing experience, but exhausting for this out-of-shape computer nerd.

-Mark
03-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Really like the cascading mountians - it does indeed have a painting look to it.
03-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by meszidik Quote
I hiked exactly what you are planning to hike 15 years ago on my honeymoon. It was an amazing experience, but exhausting for this out-of-shape computer nerd.

-Mark
They say it is one of the best hikes in Hawaii; but I believe the people that usually rate them refer to the whole 11mile trek
03-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Great composition on this one, it brings back memories from my honeymoon in Hawaii. I think the processing is a bit overly done, however, I'd prefer a sharper view of the foreground cliffs, it would increase the impact of the mist in the background.