Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Spring Flower
Camera: Pentax Super Program Photo Location: Home 
Posted By: WillCarney, 02-27-2010, 10:20 PM

I am getting really tired of the snow, cold, grey, clouds, no color . So I started looking at last years flowers. Here's a shot that's not perfect but it shows one of my hybrid Tulips. I have been breeding them for at least 30 years. Just thought I would show some color for those of us that have not seen much in the last four month's.

William

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
KODAK EASYSHARE C913 DIGITAL CAMERA  Photo 

Views: 1,374
02-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will, seems you have quite an avid interest in these flowers. Now it's time to show us the fruits of your labour with some good images to portray your prize bulbs. Here you've unfortunately not hit the mark, both in terms of point of focus (The underlying leaves are in focus, but the bloom - the intended subject - is not) and quality of lighting.

Composition and choice of aperture are also not thought out to bring out the best in the flower, so keep looking into how best you can show the brilliance of your flowers with some fundamental concepts in the exposure triad and looking into the properties of light in photography.
03-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I took this shot with my digital point and shoot and did not have much adjustment on exposure and focus especially on a "soft" day. The flowers are now just starting to come up so it won't be long before I can get some new photo's. I have any where from 3500 to 5500 tulips blooming a year depending on a few factors. I have at least 20 to 30 variations I have created in 30 years or so.

William