Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"A little more light"
Lens: 10mm to 20mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: Victoria Park, Adelaide ISO: 200 Aperture: F8 
Posted By: MoiVous, 02-28-2010, 04:43 AM

Like Adrian, we braved the mega crowds at this fireworks show put on by GroupF - the people from France responsible for fireworks on the Eifel Tower and more recently, in Dubai.

What a show! 45 minutes of light & music that surpasses the standard skyshow fireworks we all see. Not as many colours, but the effects, impressions and soundscape were dazzling.

Here are a few of my shots with my trusty Sigma 10-20mm - no fireworks mode for me. Just hold the shutter open on bulb for a few explosions with a smallish aperture.

Hope you like them......

The crowd must have been close to 100,000......

Thanks for looking - more at Adelaide Festival 2010 "a little more light" - GroupF

Cheers
Views: 1,840
02-28-2010, 05:03 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
well done Chris missed this one any date set for the north tce night ,
cheers Mark
02-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Great shots, I like 4 and 5.. I would have liked to be at the back for the overall effect. But can't be in 2 places at once lol..
02-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #4

Nice set Chris - #5 would be my pick.

02-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
Great shots, I like 4 and 5.. I would have liked to be at the back for the overall effect. But can't be in 2 places at once lol..
Thanks Adrian - I would have liked to have been closer for some of the performers walking around with the fireworks on them. As you say we can't be in two places at once......or maybe two cameras and two very long range remotes?

QuoteOriginally posted by MattC Quote
Nice set Chris - #5 would be my pick.
Cheers Matt - I like that one too - although the cross hatch effect of #3 fascinates me - painting with light

QuoteOriginally posted by wedgetail Quote
well done Chris missed this one any date set for the north tce night ,
cheers Mark
Ta Mark. It was worth the visit! A bit of free culture!

As for Northern Lights this week - I'm tied up every night this week with family or Fringe events - next week? I'll post a message in the Social Group and get feedback.

Cheers

Last edited by MoiVous; 02-28-2010 at 07:12 PM.