Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My first K10D photos
Posted By: em0314, 07-05-2007, 04:41 PM

I got my K10D in the mail the other day and just snapped these pictures as i was messing around with the different settings. Both were shot with the F50mm/1.7

1/500 f1.7 ISO 100

1/1000 f2.0 ISO 100

Thanks for looking and C/C is welcome.
Views: 995
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

They are wonderful but the second one is awesome! I love the shallow dof and the colours are amazing. Did you shoot RAW or Jpeg?

Congrats on your new camera and keep it up!
07-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
They are wonderful but the second one is awesome! I love the shallow dof and the colours are amazing. Did you shoot RAW or Jpeg?
They were both shot in natural jpeg with no adjustments as i haven't tooled around too much with it yet, but i've got plenty of rainy days to mess around somemore.

On the first one, i realize i left too much empty space at the top.

The second one really pops because of the gray background IMO.
07-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the first one the best. That soft focus works wonders.

How's the weather been up in the Metrosprawl? Got 11" at my house over one night last week.

07-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #5

both shots are very nice. Your dog seems to be some what of a ham, did he ask you to take his picture?

I would like to suggest you consider using RAW and process with silkypix. You can trial it for 30 days and there is a free version. It won't cost you anything to try and I find that it helps to make my photos pop off the screen or page.

Actually I say it won't cost you anything, but it did cost me $130.00 (usd) because I decided I had to have it after I tried it.

Les
07-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
Nice shot's like the second one best.

The raw story is something you'll go for or not, if you've got the exposure correct the jpg's aren't worse, if not Raw will give you the possibility to save the shot.

Only one thing you can easily do to make them pop is some Post Processing. You don't need any expensive program Googles Picassa does it and it's for free, the same for "the gimp" (what is a bit more difficult to use).

Now that PP (post processing) doesn't have to require much work, as an example I took the flower and just sharpened it. (in picassa just on click - this was in photoshop cs3 with 2 clicks ) Hope you don't mind.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo