Hairy woodpeckers...

Views: 2,080
02-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Great shots Scott..you always have so much detail in your bird photos
03-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Jan, I was actually cussing when I saw these uploaded versions. I'd processed them in Aperture using a trial version and was delighted with the detail in the results until I exported the files to my desktop and found them totally degraded. So, I reprocessed them in photoshop with better transfer results but still some loss in the transfer.

I think I'll put more time in on the computer to work out where my shots are losing detail with aperture, I really like that program. Although I haven't figured out where to resize photos in it.
03-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
I think I'll put more time in on the computer to work out where my shots are losing detail with aperture, I really like that program. Although I haven't figured out where to resize photos in it.
When you export in Aperture you have a lot of Export presets which will resize your photo's. When you open up the Export menu it is directly below the part in which you choose where to export to. When you open the "Export Preset" function you have a "edit" function which gives you the possibility to change existing presets and improve the quality of the exported photo. You can also add a new preset with the "+" sign. If this doesn't clear things up; perhaps a new thread in the post processing part of the forum will help you!

And nice squirrel pictures! In my part of the Netherlands there are hardly any squirrels left in the woods.

03-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice detail indeed Scott well done.
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
When you export in Aperture you have a lot of Export presets which will resize your photo's. When you open up the Export menu it is directly below the part in which you choose where to export to. When you open the "Export Preset" function you have a "edit" function which gives you the possibility to change existing presets and improve the quality of the exported photo. You can also add a new preset with the "+" sign. If this doesn't clear things up; perhaps a new thread in the post processing part of the forum will help you!

And nice squirrel pictures! In my part of the Netherlands there are hardly any squirrels left in the woods.
Thanks Fries! I'll definitely have a play with those settings.
03-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Dave, this warm spell we have been having sure makes a day out in the woods pleasant.