Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Self Indulgence
Posted By: Sailor, 07-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Rain has kept us indoors in coastal Texas for about as long as I can remember. The good news is that I can fiddle with PP on my computer; thus, I'm posting more than my fair share. These two eclectic shots were taken on (a very soggy) July 4.

This cat probably dug Coltrane (FA 35/2, ISO 100, f/6.7, 1/180s):

Forlorn flower (DFA 100 Macro, ISO 280, f/5.6, 1/125s):

Thanks for indulging me. I promise to be better when the sun comes out.

Jer
Views: 1,323
07-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's one introspective shot of that bust, Jer. And is that second of a vinca or impatien flower?

How much rain have you gotten down there b/c of this hovering low? Probably ~3' up here. That's a rough guess. Where do you live exactly?
07-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Roberts Quote
That's one introspective shot of that bust, Jer. And is that second of a vinca or impatien flower?

How much rain have you gotten down there b/c of this hovering low? Probably ~3' up here. That's a rough guess. Where do you live exactly?
Hey, Matthew. I can't answer the flower question - I don't know one from another - but I bet NaClH20 can tell you in (literally) a New York Minute.

We've had well more than 3" (it's gone on for days, and seems to be continuing today). Fortunately, we're not prone to flooding in our area and don't have the tragic problems some in the state are suffering.

I've never been to Austin (even though I've been in Texas, now, for 11 years), but I hear it's wonderful. I gotta there one of these days.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 07-07-2007 at 08:15 AM. Reason: I didn't pay attention the first time.
07-07-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Jer, we've had more than 3" here too, (I said somewhere ~3'), probably ~2' (ft.) of rain up here. There was one day we got ~11" in 6 hours at our house in the Hill Country, and only 3" in Leander.

And Austin got nothing. But the Colorado River is pretty darn full now up here in the Highland Lakes.

What city do you live in?

And that's a Beethoven bust, right? :ugh:

07-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Roberts Quote
Jer, we've had more than 3" here too, (I said somewhere ~3'), probably ~2' (ft.) of rain up here. There was one day we got ~11" in 6 hours at our house in the Hill Country, and only 3" in Leander.

And Austin got nothing. But the Colorado River is pretty darn full now up here in the Highland Lakes.

What city do you live in?

And that's a Beethoven bust, right? :ugh:
Oops - I didn't notice you said "feet" rather than "inches". We live in Lake Jackson (about 45 min south of Houston) but spend a lot of our time on our sailboat in Kemah.

Yeah, that's Beethoven, sitting on our acoustic piano so he can glare at my stack of synthesizers across the room.

Jer