Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Something for channeler, pictures from the Okanagan (Kelowna)
Posted By: little laker, 07-07-2007, 09:41 AM

I know that Paul (channeler) is looking forward to moving to the Okanagan of British Columbia, Canada soon. And although these pictures aren't from Peachland where I believe he's planning on moving to they're close.

The Sunset from 2 nights ago

I had to lighten it up, to be able to make out the boats in the harbor.

The statue of dolphins (after dark)

The Statue of the Sails, after dark

Kelowna's Downtown, again after dark

The Wharf, believe it or not after dark

Just a reminder that night time photography looks best in a dark room.
Views: 1,449
07-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice job , Stu :-)

I like the 3rd pic . Just something about it .

That would be a nic place to live !!!

TFS
07-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks Stu and some nice night photography. Makes me feel homesick again. We've made three trips to the Okanagan in the last two years and we've felt homesick each time we have come away. The Okanagan really has us hooked. Peachland was the place we stayed on our first trip and we keep getting drawn back to it as a base, but we will be looking to buy a house anywhere between Peachland and as far south as Oliver.

Paul
07-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks dantuyhoa.
That was the first time that I ever photographed the sails. In my opinion they're a little boring during the day but that sure changes after dark.

And no problem Paul. Sorry that I made you home sick.

I was in Peachland and was really hoping that I'd have a chance to run up the hill to where I used to live for another pano.
But my doctor was running over an hour late, so I rushed off hoping on crossing the bridge before the traffic.

I'll make sure that I get the shot next time.

07-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You' re welcome Stu .

Night time always gives us another way to look at things . I haven't done much night time shoot .

Thanks again