Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Homework Assignment #2
Posted By: xs400, 07-08-2007, 09:38 AM

This summer, I signed up for a photography class at a local junior college. Our second assignment was to shoot 4 shot which emphasize different aspects of imagry, 1) color, 2) pattern, 4, shadow and 3) curves. Below are the 4 shots I turned in for the second assignment. Shots were taken using my K100D with the kit lens. We cannot do any digital manipulation with Photoshop, so other than resizing the shots, these are shown as taken. Comments are welcome.

Color

Pattern

Shadow

Curves

Views: 1,837
07-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You know, you could've used all of the last three for "Pattern".

I especially love #2; the way that the flower breaks up the repetition of the brick, and the relatively even division between the two colors of brick.

The asymmetry on the third picture makes it *pop* and the framing of the tree/bush at the end is classic!
07-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I love number 3 !

The reflection just add that "pop" into the photo . TFS
07-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for your comments. 2 and 3 are my favorites. I don't really like like composition of 1 (color) but it does represent what the instructor was asking for - the effect color can have on an image. Number 4 (curves) could have been submitted for shadow, pattern, or curves. Again, your comments are welcome - you can even say number 1 is bad.

Below is another shot of #3 (shadow) taken about 20 minutes earlier in the day. I don't like the shadow running down the center of the picture - it is too symmetrical. I think the shot is better with the shadow line off to the left somewhat.

For Pattern, I took numerous shots with and without the flower, and I also moved the flower to different locations in the frame. Here is also another shot of Pattern (2), taken with the flower closer to the center. I think the shot is best with the flower closer to the corner.

07-08-2007, 11:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You're right Frank . The photo ( 20 min earlier ) is not that good with the line right in the center !

Yeah. #1 is bad But that is for class . You can't help it !

BTW , thanks for that post/article on the infrared . I just get a R72 and will practice with it .

Look like you have fun with your class
07-09-2007, 02:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

really like the buyilding and how the shadows make paterns.