Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Morning Rises 2
Lens: 12-24 Camera: K20 Photo Location: Maple Ridge ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: Jimbo, 03-16-2010, 10:57 PM

Here is another shot from the weekend with a little more foreground in this shot versus the first one. Also by moving the camera back I eliminated the sun relecting on the water. JIM

Views: 1,165
03-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a really nice image Jim, I find myself wondering what I would find further up the river. This might seem like a silly point, but I'm not too sure about the sun being so central? Still a good composition though! And can I ask what combination of filters you used on this shot? Recently I bought a set of Cokin graduated NDs that I am yet to try.

cheers,
03-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
It's a really nice image Jim, I find myself wondering what I would find further up the river. This might seem like a silly point, but I'm not too sure about the sun being so central? Still a good composition though! And can I ask what combination of filters you used on this shot? Recently I bought a set of Cokin graduated NDs that I am yet to try.

cheers
As far as filters, I used a CP along with a ND 4 and 6 combined. This is a shot next time I will do multi exposures on. Appreciate your kind words. JIM
03-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know, this shot is pretty neat - it has a spooky feel to it which I like and contrasts with the normally benign subject; this is a cool effort, JIM.

Jer

03-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
You know, this shot is pretty neat - it has a spooky feel to it which I like and contrasts with the normally benign subject; this is a cool effort, JIM.

Jer
Jer, Appreciate you commenting on this image. It was a interesting sun rise. JIM
03-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
Igilligan

Jimbo... love the mood of this shot. Really nice.

Thanks for the ND tip, I just dont use mine enough, never really got a feel for them. But this makes me want to pull them out and start stackin'
03-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

What a beautiful image of the rising sun Jim!
03-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Jimbo... love the mood of this shot. Really nice.

Thanks for the ND tip, I just dont use mine enough, never really got a feel for them. But this makes me want to pull them out and start stackin'
Thanks Gus. I use this combination a lot for landscapes. I am thinking about getting a second set from another supplier. [Singh Ray] I find you have to be careful when using the ND's though as to not unexpose the shot too much. I check check the exposure after every shot. JIM

03-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
What a beautiful image of the rising sun Jim!
Thank you again Jan. JIM