Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cabin / BW versus Color
Lens: 12-24 Camera: K20 Photo Location: Hope ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F5.8 
Posted By: Jimbo, 03-17-2010, 03:37 PM

Can not decide if I prefer the B&W or Color. Right now I ma leaning towards the B&W. JIM

Views: 1,261
03-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like the color one better, but I wonder if you lightened the gray-ish snow in the B&W one just it bit how it would appear. This is an excellent composition, in my view - so you've got a winner either way, my friend.

Jer
03-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
like the color one better, but I wonder if you lightened the gray-ish snow in the B&W one just it bit how it would appear. This is an excellent composition, in my view - so you've got a winner either way, my friend.

Jer
I will give your suggestion a try Jer. I didn't want to loose the highlights in the snow though a small push in lightness in that are may work. JIM
03-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster

One more with a slight adjustment Jer. JIM

03-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #5

I vote for the B&W, 2nd version. The wood doesn't have much natural color to it or other detail being lost in the conversion, stripping away the color adds interest, I think.

Looks like the snow is pretty deep still wherever that cabin is, must have been a tough hike!
03-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now, I'm leaning towards the B&W, and I think I like the brighter second version. Either way, as I said, this is a remarkable composition. Do you ever shoot a bad one anymore, JIM?

Great job.

Jer
03-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Jim, I'm with the rest, B/W second version. It's an interesting composition, thanks for posting it.

03-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Now, I'm leaning towards the B&W, and I think I like the brighter second version. Either way, as I said, this is a remarkable composition. Do you ever shoot a bad one anymore, JIM?

Great job.

Jer
Thanks Bud and yes I do many poor ones I just don't show them. I really have be working at improving on my landscapes and after reading and looking at so many other peoples work, I realize I have so far to go. Cheers JIM

QuoteQuote:
Hi Jim, I'm with the rest, B/W second version. It's an interesting composition, thanks for posting it.
Thanks Henrich. I took about 20 different images at this location. I like this one the best. JIM
03-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
vote for the B&W, 2nd version. The wood doesn't have much natural color to it or other detail being lost in the conversion, stripping away the color adds interest, I think.

Looks like the snow is pretty deep still wherever that cabin is, must have been a tough hike!
I hate to say this but it was right on the side of the road. One of those roads where you go "I wonder what is down here." Luckily the truck had four wheel drive. Great day with a couple of folks I know that shoot Nikon. JIM