Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My first photograph posted, but something is wrong?
Posted By: Linn Currie, 11-26-2006, 11:41 AM

Why is my photograph so small? and only 26kb in file size? Original that I wanted to load is 800 x 600 pixels at 308kb

Help please - what am I doing wrong?

Linn

Attached Images

Views: 3,278
11-27-2006, 06:47 AM   #16

Original Poster
Hi Alan

I just grabbed "Photobucket" to post those two images - not happy with it though and will probably try to source a better but free image hosting site.

Or else I will revert to posting to my own Ragdoll cat website where I can control quality and size.

Regards
Linn

11-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #17

Original Poster
Hi Randy
That is why I am so puzzled! I did not compress it. I clicked on "attach image" and the browser found the image on my desktop in the size I wanted it, ie 800x600 pixels at 100% quality. And when I saw my post on this forum, the image was compressed smaller and at lesser quality.

I think in future I will load to my own personal cat website and only supply the link.

Thank you once again for trying to help :-)

Linn
11-27-2006, 07:03 AM   #18

Original Poster
Thank you elums :-)

Linn
11-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Linn Currie Quote
Hi Randy
That is why I am so puzzled! I did not compress it. I clicked on "attach image" and the browser found the image on my desktop in the size I wanted it, ie 800x600 pixels at 100% quality. And when I saw my post on this forum, the image was compressed smaller and at lesser quality.

I think in future I will load to my own personal cat website and only supply the link.

Thank you once again for trying to help :-)

Linn
One more thing to tell you about with photoshop that confuses many people:
when you open up a compressed .jpg file in photoshop, it actually will display the file uncompressed size again. I do know the reason why, but it isn't as important as the outcome.
just something to keep in mind cheers

randy