Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tammy 90's first outing......
Lens: 90mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: Adelaide Botanic Gardens 
Posted By: MoiVous, 03-24-2010, 02:55 AM

After my Tamron 90 arrived from the US (thanks aerodave) I thought it only fitting to take it out and introduce it to a nice part of our city - the Botanic Gardens

Its going to be a bit of a learning curve (focus limiter is an essential) - and me thinks a tripod is going to be a permanent accessory in macro mode! I had to employ my flash a few times - it was just a bit breezy for hand holding.

Here are a few shots click for the Picasa page or click on images to enlarge......

Lotus flower heads - after the flower has set seed.

Then I found the dahlia garden.....

And some thorny stuff too

Aussie Grevilleas are a wonderful plant for testing DOF.....

and a hibiscus - note the little bug on the stamen....

and this African water lilly - they only flower at night, so getting this bud in the middle of the day is about the best you get......

and finally a seed head - not sure what this was.....

Its a sharp beasty - but that DOF is thin in close. But I think its will be a very pleasant relationship.

Thanks for looking - and C&C welcome.

Cheers
Views: 1,651
03-24-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These look terrific to me, Chris. I don't think I could have done this hand held with my DFA 100 - I too old and shakey!

Great job - and the lens appears to be super.

Jer
03-24-2010, 06:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Good to see you're already taking great shots with the new lens. If I see any more, I'm bound to have real seller's remorse.

Great doing business with you. Hope you continue to enjoy it!
03-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
great work chris... vibrant, crisp.. just put my tammy 90 in my bag.... waitin' for spring to arrive.. dave m

03-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I like them all but the thorn photo sticks out the most, pun intended.
03-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You and your Tammy did a fine job of capturing the beauty of the botanical gardens
03-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks to all of you for your kind words and feedback.

QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
You and your Tammy did a fine job of capturing the beauty of the botanical gardens
Ta - thanks Jan - its a lovely lens!

QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
I like them all but the thorn photo sticks out the most, pun intended.
If I had a tripod I'd have tried for a bit more DOF and really got stuck

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
great work chris... vibrant, crisp.. just put my tammy 90 in my bag.... waitin' for spring to arrive.. dave m
Cheers Dave - Isn't it amazing how a few images inspire you? And I was amazed at how crisp this lens is. Those are two of the reasons I pulled the trigger on the Tamron 90.

Anyway, your spring must be almost upon you - there'll be so much budding, flowering and reproducing going on where do you start?

QuoteOriginally posted by aerodave Quote
Good to see you're already taking great shots with the new lens. If I see any more, I'm bound to have real seller's remorse.

Great doing business with you. Hope you continue to enjoy it!
Thanks Dave! And yes, this is a fine lens as everyone says. But don't get to remorseful - you've got that DA 100 WR haven't you? Hope to see a few more shots from you on that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
These look terrific to me, Chris. I don't think I could have done this hand held with my DFA 100 - I too old and shakey!

Great job - and the lens appears to be super.

Jer
Thanks for the kind words Jer. I have to say I was noticing my own shake all the time - its a credit to the SR and good breathing that I had so many keepers.

Next job is to try some bugs - and have a go with my extension tubes on it as well!

Cheers