Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Postcard of Toronto
Lens: 180 Camera: K10D Photo Location: Toronto ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: JMR, 03-25-2010, 05:02 PM

Always experimenting, so took this one night, and for fun made into a postcard.

Edit: Thought I would add this one from the same night before things got dark. Strangely, the blackbird was cooperative and did not attack me as is the usual behaviour when you get too close to them.

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 04-07-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Views: 1,469
03-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow - I dig the first one a great deal. It's very abstract, but I would have known it was a picture of Toronto - even without the title of your thread. I also like the fact that there basically are only two colors - great stuff. Makes me think of Miles Davis' tune, "So What" - a masterpiece from only two chords.

Jer
03-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
JMR
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow - I dig the first one a great deal. It's very abstract, but I would have known it was a picture of Toronto - even without the title of your thread. I also like the fact that there basically are only two colors - great stuff. Makes me think of Miles Davis' tune, "So What" - a masterpiece from only two chords.

Jer
Thanks Jer. You must getting mellow. I have to check out the tune. Probably know it but not by name.

JMR
03-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
#1 is a new application of your impressionisms JMR. It's unique and pleasant with complementary colours. Your nature renditions of this genre inspire me more, but this one does fine.

03-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
#1 is a new application of your impressionisms JMR. It's unique and pleasant with complementary colours. Your nature renditions of this genre inspire me more, but this one does fine.
Thanks Ash. Anything that works is fine with me, though I do favour nature subjects.

JMR