Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Richmond Bridge
Lens: 20mm Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Richmond, TAS, Australia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: saien, 03-26-2010, 03:17 AM

I went to Richmond last weekend with my boyfriend because his parents had told us the town fair was on. Unfortunately they were one day off on the date but we still had fun there.

A few things that happened on that day -
I heard my first ever car accident! We were below the bridge following the ducks around when there was a sound from the other side of the river. We ran up with everyone else to see what had happened but there was just what looked like part of a car lying on the road (a small section behind the front headlights I think).

A car parked at the top of the ridge above the river, the windows came down and the people inside tossed four complete (as in complete like you'd get from the baker, and not sliced) loaves out at the ducks! It was funny seeing them all waddle up the hill as fast as they could and try and stick their beaks into the bread. Also - ducks aren't very good at tearing up bread from a whole loaf

And the last thing, we were walking around the river, I looked into the water and saw a wasp in there! He was floating along the top of the water waving his little legs around wildly My boyfriend got a branch he found on the ground and reached in, hoping to scoop him out somehow. The little champ saw the branch and held on tight as we lifted him out! We left him drying off and cleaning himself on the bank.

So, that's enough waffling on from me I took a pretty awful photo of the bridge and ran it through Nik Silver Efex - antique plate II I think. Photoshop magic!

Attached Images

Views: 1,733
03-26-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well you may not have liked the original but this version looks great. it's a prefect subject for this type of process. Nicely done and great composition.