Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
my first attempt! yep its a flower
Lens: bellows Camera: km/k2000 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: janstew, 03-27-2010, 10:03 PM

The last of the summer flowers..........an Impation that grows wild in my garden......
In a glass of water on a chair in front of an open door. Flash to CL and 1/4 strength...........using a bellows set I purchased on here! Thanks Peter!

I have had to add an extension ring to get the bellows past the inbuilt flash thing that sticks out and plumbers tape to attach to the extension in order to get the rails at the bottom.......but it seems to work. So I have no idea how long this thing is in reality. Quite possibly the exif data is still attached............

Yep I know its not focused on the centre but boy thats hard!

I need..........another head for the tripod.......some more rails........and new eyeballs!

cheers
Jan

Views: 1,305
03-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Jan, not bad at all for a first attempt!
Love those drops on that pink petal.
And I love your text too
03-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Gees... have any photos of the rig... sounds like some great custom work there... like the flower, would have asked to use it on wedding invites 2 years ago... would have been perfect...
03-28-2010, 02:13 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You've got the idea - the little drops to the top of the frame are in focus but not the rest of the flower. With the core also in focus the impact of the image would have been greater, but well done here.

03-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys,
I am afraid I write like I speak......gets me into all sorts of trouble.......
The pic was quite hard to do......seriously hard on the eyeballs........better light and a pan and tilt tripod head would be the go........

The bellows are just a standard set but I added another 25mm or so.......with the extension ring.....so if just the bellows give me 1:1 I wonder what I have now? I would have to take it apart to get a pic........I only have one camera not counting the one on the phone!

I want to try out the stacking thingo but need to get another set of rails I think? How else could you move the camera ( or object? ) with any degree of accuracy? Thats how it works isnt it? Move forward ( or backward) incrementaly and refocus?

I have all these ideas floating around in my head for a series on roses for my sisters wall! She is heavily into roses and needs some cheering up

Personaly I prefer bugs........I need to catch me some redbacks! hubby keeps squishing em......
cheers
Jan
« Radio | Polly »