Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 From Today
Lens: Various Camera: K-x Photo Location: Kingdom City, MO 
Posted By: timstone, 03-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Took these earlier. Couldn't decide how I wanted to process them and still not really sure about them. C&C please.

Views: 1,354
03-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'll only comment on the first one, since I have been known to take similar shots. It is difficult to find the right compromise between showing a field of decay and having a subject. This one doesn't quite do it, although the bed frame takes the eye into the image and through the open door.

The left-hand side of the wall is distracting because it either sinks away due to subsidence or perspective distortion. Either way it would be better if straighter.

Also, the shot is just too brown. I'd correct this cast or maybe try B&W?
03-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yea it was a weird shaped building to be honest...all of the walls were at a weird angle and i didnt want to chance getting in trouble for actually stepping inside and so i just shot through a broken pane of glass. i will see what i can do about the color of the shot...im not sure i want to do the b&w but i have plenty of time so maybe i will try that too
03-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here we go...I lost some detail in the really dark areas, but I think overall I actually do like this one better.

03-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like that crop better. Somehow, seeing the open door to the left and the porcelain thing (toilet?) opens up the composition.

But yeah, it's a bit contrasty and dark. Lots of detail has gone missing.
04-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #6

I'd saturate the 2nd one some more to bring out the red, and process the background around it. I don't know which software you use, but I'd start with the film filters.
04-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice series of shot here, I really like both of them as they both give off a sense of decay from the urban environment. However, the first one looks alittle busy for my taste, but that is a very difficult shot to take. On the second one I really like the selective coloring, as it really makes the image pop.

Thanks for sharing.